GUYS-Have any ideas??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by shygrrl, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

A Kindle fits the requirement of an unnecessary item and also an electronic gadget at the same time. :jester: DH got me one for Christmas, but he nabbed it as soon as I opened it and was playing with it before I got to, LOL

I love mine. DH does not read for pleasure much because of the sheer volumne of reading he has to do for work. But he has used mine to play some games, and you can get newspapers and magazines, etc.

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Richard Petty Driving Experience in CHarlotte. My husband loved it the best of all the gifts so far, I think!

I have also given overnight trips to Fearrington in Chapel Hill (which I loved too), race tickets, beach trips (deep sea fishing), weekends in the mountains with a guided fly fishing day trip for him (I antiqued all day), and all of the requisite tools/electronics/etc.

I will agree that he seemed to enjoy the experiences the most. Thanks for the reminder, btw...I have had the flu all week and time has slipped away! Gotta get busy!:)

Have fun!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

A Q-Pon Book (hint hint) :twisted:

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

We're supposed to get guys gifts for Valentine's Day? I thought this was a Hallmark Holiday created solely for men to feel guilty and try to outdo the other women at work's husbands with floral arrangements, balloons, and tales of romance and splendor the next day.

Huh.

I have some BOGO candy bar coupons, I'll wrap them in a Walmart bag and throw in a pic of me naked.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol::lol::lol: ROTHFLMAO!!! Who waits for Valentines day for that?? :jester::jester::jester:

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Umm why all you ladies hanging on this thread? She wanted some knowledgeable info from the Guys.

7. BuzzMyMonkey

will you be pm'ing those pics?

8. Cleopatra

See, my frugality turns him on. The coupons are timed with sales at the stores, and it's a crayon drawing - not a Boudoir portrait. It looks kind of like Little Miss Sunshine.

[​IMG]

There ya go, Buzz.

9. Crysta

Crysta Guest

My guy loves going to comedy shows, so for our anniversary I'm giving him tickets to Avenue Q. I agree that experiences are great gifts. That being said, I usually get him video game stuff (for his birthday he got the motion sensor thing for the PS3 and some games) or electronics.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I do like to kindle some nookie, but that involves a different type of hardware.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

a popsicle stick and duct tape

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You should talk to your Doctor, I understand they have drugs to help that problem know.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/10/happiness.possessions/index.html

I have heard more recent versions of this also

14. Cleopatra

Yeah, just look in your spam folder Buzz. :lol:

15. BuzzMyMonkey

ha thats certainly not a need or problem, my utensils never go soft, besides my doctor doesn't deal in those types of drugs.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Gave up on Cucumbers?

17. BuzzMyMonkey

thats sick.

18. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

You guys have come up with some GREAT ideas!!! Think I will investigate some of these "experiences"! It seems like I have bought him every tool imaginable and gift cards are so thoughtless, unless it's something he really likes. Think I will check on the Richard Petty, sports tickets and golf lessons. Thanks so much!!! And Cleo, you CRACK ME UP!!!

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'm giving DH yet but I do know that I'm giving it to him a few days early. Preferably something small I can sneak into his lunch he can get to while he's at work. And included with the card, or what ever, will be a "Get Out Of Valentine's Day Free Card", plainly stating that this Valentine's Day he doesn't have to do a thing. No fret a bit about where to go or what to get for me. Holy Jesus, we just had Christmas for crying out loud. He'll probably do something anyway but I want him to know he's off the hook. Maybe I'll buy him steaks and beer and charcoal for the grill... And call in sick for him... :twisted:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester: I'm with you. I think I am calling it off this year. :cheers: Too much crap going on and I ain't in no Valentine's mood.