Super Bowl Menu

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Feb 3, 2011.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What's on yours? Ribs? Chili? Wings? Do tell!!

2. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Wings! We usually have a party, but my husband said that since his team is in it, he doesn't want to have one. He said he wants to be able to actually watch the game without having people who don't care about his team trying to talk to him all night and without having cheese dip shoved in his face. He's serious! So looks like it's just wings for us!

GO STEELERS!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Wings off the BGE right now. :mrgreen: (wings are on sale at FL for $1.79/lb) Don't know about anything else. Gonna depend on whether we have last minute folks over or not. But probably not. DH doesn't care about either team and I only watch for the commerecials.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WINGS & BEER

5. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

WOW!!! Folks are really spilling the beans this morning. Maybe you need to ply them with liquor; maybe that'll loosen their lips!

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

not totally sure what's on the menu......Won't know till I get to the spot where I'm watching the game.

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Going to CDH for the game and plan on enjoying a bunch of wings (love them when they mix the med. buffalo sauce with bbq sauce-and they are 1/2 price on Sundays!), nachos, pickle chips....and then Monday will probably regret everything I ate!

8. dgsatman

I'll be fixing Chile, Spanish Scramble and a couple of other things to serve at The Tavern. Other folks are bringing lots of GOOD STUFF. Always GREAT FOOD and GREAT FOLKS!!!

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

i'm intrigued...what's a spanish scramble?

10. dgsatman

I could tell you, but I would have to kill you.... 8)

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You'll just have to go to The Tavern and find out! :cheers:

12. dgsatman

ACTUALLY.... it's a very simple but delicious family recipe. Very basic, a pound of ground meat (hamburger, pork, turkey), 2 onions, 2 cans of tomatos (use a blender to puree) and a bag of frozen corn (I prefer white shoepeg), salt and pepper to taste. That's my Mom's and Grandmother's basic recipe, but I like to tinker. Think additional spices, also I will sometimes add okra and leave the corn out (or not), and make it more of a Cajun or Creole dish, of course with a dash, or 5 or 10 of "heat".

Very simple and very good. A good alternative to Chile Beans .

13. dgsatman

That's right!!!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

sounds like it would be good served over rice! (but I'm a carboholic, so ofcourse it sounds good to me!! )

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Do you need pulled pork for anything your making? I cooked a Boston Butt yesterday and have a good amount of meat left over.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

As for the original question... I think I'll probably make red beans & rice to bring over to The Tavern. Yummy!!

17. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wonder how my white bean chili would go over compared to regular chili.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We have 2 crock pots, and he has plenty of outlets under that counter!

19. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Buffalo Chicken Dip, Homemade Guacamole & homemade salsa, pigs in the blanket, chicken tenders..... and adding more by the hour. LOL

20. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Take Grands can biscuits and turn a muffin tin upside down. Place the biscuit on the upside down part of the tin like a "hill" and form it to the edge and place in them in the oven. They will come out as bowls and serve your white bean chili inside one of these biscuits bowls (inside a real bowl too of course because they make a mess - lol) and you will be in chili heaven! Soooooo good! We do it every time now with our white chicken chili and now you are making me want to add this to our menu! Ugggh lol