RUN FOR HAITI 5K

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HXCforCHRIST, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Business of the Year Award. :cool:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Shall I make room for you in my handbasket? :mrgreen:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: I say the more the merrier! :jester:

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

or the money they collect could go to other designated projects or bills!!

you can always look at it negative but thats yall.. just curious how many of yall have actually been to the church or just going on what you heard...

Never seen a perfect church except when being built cause as soon as you open the doors and let people in it becomes imperfect!!

5. sassymom

seems like yall do a lot around the community.. good for yall!

6. Cleopatra

I have been, and I left when the big white buckets came out, although it was tempting to leave also when Fry ran out on stage a la Ryan Seacrest. I was almost expecting him, at the end of the service to say "Fry, OUT!"

7. sassymom

haha...

8. sassymom

guess it depends on how you look at it.. we are all Gods children and his community is the world so helping anyone would be helping someone in your community right?

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I was going to post something against this, but when I re-read and saw that the money is to send a missionary group I decided not. I know people like to do good things for other countries in need.

I do wish I would see an event like this to support the homeless shelters, food kitchens, etc. right here in North Carolina.

10. sassymom

why not organize a 5K for this, I am sure you would get some help from others off this board, if you do let me know I would be glad to help as I have organized several 5k events!!

11. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Cleo, Never met you!! But I like you!! You crack me up!!Pat

12. Cleopatra

It wouldn't be 4042 if we didn't talk a little junk about C3. :lol:

That said, there are good people that attend this church. I can attest to that.

13. Cleopatra

I agree, but you can do this individually and not wait for a fundraiser. They are merely letting us know here.

14. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Other C3 Activities

As a member of C3 for 5 years, I can from personal experience tell you that C3 has impacted many organizations, local and international, small and large.

This weekend, we collected canned goods solely for the purpose of stocking up Johnston County food pantries. We have about 40 connect groups that all do 2 service projects per year (some do more) - many of which pour into other great organizations like the House of Hope, Smithfield Rescue Mission, New Hope Preganancy Center, providing lunches for athletic teams in local schools - many, many more. Often times, the church has helped coordinate collecting items for families that have been devasted by having homes lost by fire or displaced for other reasons. Every year we collect school supplies/backpacks and provide Christmas presents for 100's of underpriveledged children in Johnston County. We don't always publicize what we do locally so you may not necessarily hear about all of them. We also do international efforts like collecting shoes for Haiti (20,000 plus pairs), making care packages for the our military in Iraq and Afghanistan, planting churches in India and Europe (and many in the United States for that matter through the Association of Related Churches), supporting the Africa Children's Cup which feeds, trains and clothes thousands of kids in Swaziland. We do all of this in the name of Jesus and all of the praise goes to him and not C3.

Please do not take my comments in any way that C3 is doing more or better things than other churches or organizations. We partner with churches in the area and all over the country to do many of these things together, collectively, being the hands and feet of Jesus. As far as the 5k is concerned, many churches of all sizes do mission trips internationally, and they sometimes coordinate fundraisers to accomplish these amazing opportunities to go serve others which Jesus commands us to do in Matthew 28:19 - "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Would C3 still help if the recipient wasn't interested in becoming a Christian?

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That's why she's the queen!

17. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

18. sassymom

hey can you tell me the route of the race, I looked online and didnt see a map..

thanks

19. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

The route starts in the C3 parking lot. Run to Josephine Rd. Turn left onto Josephine and run down Josephine. Turn Right into Jordan Ridge Sub. Run three streets on there and then run back to the Start/Finish

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

How about run for hungry kids in NC? Bleeding heart causes! Look at DOMESTIC problems! Good Gravy! Lord I appologize!