tips on doing disney cheap!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

My girls love those too, I always made a big deal out of them so they think they are getting something special. It really is a cool souvineer, they will outlast a t-shirt or overpriced toy and you can continue collecting them as an adult.

2. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

Don't forget the masks to color and get stamps at each country in Epcot. This is free.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Two weeks from today we are leaving for Disney! I think I'm more excited than the kids. Here are four dining reservations we made that came highly recommended:

1. 1st night - Chef Mickey's for dinner
    2. 2nd Morning - Cinderella's Round Table
    3. 2nd Night - Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot
    4. 3rd Night - Sci-Fi Diner at Hollywood Studios

I couldn't believe that all of these places are booked up now (during our stay) except the Sci-Fi diner. We reserved all of these back in November.

4. On the go

The popular dining places fill up quickly when the 180 day window opens.

5. Allioop

I'm going to remember this!

6. Allioop

Good thing Cinderella's round table is the only one we had to pay for up front. The other places aren't cheap though.:? I just looked at the menus. I think we'll probably be doing two meals a day and some snacks in between.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

We did the Coral Reef. Overpriced as hell (we had the meal plan so we didn't have to pay) but hopefully you'll get a table near the aquarium.

If you can do the dinner at The Polynesian (can't think of the name but it's inside the lobby) do that. It is off the chain.

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Chef Mickey's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Polynesian Dinner

[​IMG]

steve

[​IMG]

9. Allioop

lol!

Cool! Thanks for the pictures. Question about the Coral Reef - Are the servings big enough to share?!

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

No. The kids meal was bigger than the entrees.

I recall I got some grilled fancy fish...and it was about the size of my blackberry.

11. On the go

OHana.....Kona at the Poly is good as well.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Ohana was it. Good stuff.

13. Allioop

Has anyone tried a Grey Goose slushie at Epcot? I was scanning the DIS discussion boards and several people recommended trying one.

14. Allioop

I made a reservation there for the one night we didn't have other reservations, but the only time available was 9:00pm. I don't like to eat that late, but might have to make an exception if it's that good!

15. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

We are going to disney in about 3 weeks... First time ever for me and my girls too. I had AAA make the reservations for me because it was just so many options. We could make the exact same ones online but we decided to take advantage of the travel agent for free, and get the AAA perks with the night time story, preferred parking, and things like that. We are staying at the Old Key West Villas & hoping that will be a good experience because I may not be snobby about things but I am when it comes to clean and nice hotels. This seems a little old but the people I spoke to who have stayed said it was nice - anyone else stayed or know??? Very cool to have this thread with us planning too. We are now going to get the "my first time at disney" buttons because of this thread - LOL!

16. On the go

You may find that the preferred AAA parking isn't so great. You end up walking more than parking in the regular area and taking the tram.

17. On the go

No, but all my Disboard friends love them.

As for your 9PM dining at Ohana, you should be fine. You might catch the timing right to see Wishes at MK.

18. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Hopefully we will not have to drive at all and use the grounds transportation. I did not know it was not the best. :)

19. On the go

DAH22,

Are you in a studio, 1BR, or 2 BR?

OKW is very spread out like an apartment complex, so you may need to drive to the pools. Also, only a few buildings have elevators. Just something to keep in mind in case you have to lug a stroller up the stairs.

20. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i really wanted to go to the T Rex Cafe in Downtown Disney but couldnt get a reservation. While we were at Disney I talked to a family who said they stopped by without a reservation and were seated right away! It is supposed to have awesome decor and good food. For instance if you sit in the "Ice Age" section there is supposed to be a wall that looks like ice. Then a meteor is supposed to periodically hit it causing the wall to turn colors. And of course there are really cool dinosaurs.
    In the grand scheme of Disney I hear the prices are reasonable.
    -db's wife