TerraFin Station - reviews only please

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Any idea if they're doing anything special for Valentines Day? My parents will be in town and I'm trying to decide where to take them.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything yet, but you could call up there and ask.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have to stop by for something else on the way home so will see what i can find out.

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok talked to Nate and the menu will be complete by this weekend for Valentines Day, he said similar to New Years Eve where you pay a flat fee for the meal and whatever else they have going on and it is on a reservation basis - details will be forthcoming. Other BIG news, as of today they will now have OYSTERS!!!!!! They are going to have them on the half shell, fried, etc as a regular feature from now on. He is also working on a new menu that includes more fried items and sandwiches including a Reuben - sounds like a lot of exciting things coming soon!!

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Still waiting for Fettuccine Alfredo. My Husband will be happy about oysters being added. He always has them when we go to Myrtle Beach.

6. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

Coupon is game on

So it looks like TF is still taking coupons from the confusing restaurant.com debacle. My friend purchased a coupon tonight and they accepted it. Food was good by the way. Also a decent crowd filled the room. Maybe this place has a chance.

7. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I sure hope it stays around! I LOVE TF! It is so nice to have a good local restaurant & not have to drive into Raleigh or to FV for good dining & is not a chain. Its the best thing that building has had since the Kros Nest left a few years ago.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

We used a restaurant.com coupon on Thursday night, and it was no problem. We were told that they would continue to honor them, but they were not going to renew their contract.

They were quite busy Thursday night too - busier than we've seen before, but we usually go during the week and not the weekend (when they're probably busier). Looks like it's going pretty well - good to see!

9. lk2bk

lk2bk Guest

Went to Terra Fin the other night. Friends told us it was good. They were right! Steaks were killer! So was the lobster and shrimp mac n cheese. One wierd thing, though, a friend of ours went out to have a smoke and someone from next door (The Tavern?) told him to go in there so he could smoke and drink at the same time. Said it was a "private club" with dues, but they didn't charge anyone. Is that legal? Anyway come to find out the guy running it is the landlord for Terra Fin. Sorry, I think it's pretty rude to open a place that's competition like that to your tenant. Even ruder to try and lure them away like they did with my friend. Pretty low. Terra Fin was good, though. We will be back!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wow for a first post seriously! so first time there and someone there informed you about the owners, etc., kinda hard to believe at all as in i frequent both places and there is no competition:roll::roll:

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

2 TOTALLY different places. DH and I finally tried TF a few nights ago. Service was awesome, love the atmosphere, food was okay...BUT I think it's what we got. We tried a bunch of different things off of their happy hour menu since it was our first time there. Figured we'd get a little taste of several things. The burger was amazing! Yum! :) We will be back!

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

+1

not our first rodeo

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

QFT

14. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

15. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I've been to TerraFin a few times and it's really good. Service is usually slow so we go when we're not in a rush. Good quality food though. The kids like it too.

16. lk2bk

lk2bk Guest

It's what my friend told me. The server is the one who told us about the next door owner being the landlord. I have no idea what he is like. Sorry if I offended anyone. Didn't mean to. Just going by what I was told.

I wanted to add.. yes. this is my first posting. I normally don't do forums like this. I joined specifically because of what happened that night. A good friend of mine lost his business to similar circustances several years ago. It really struck a nerve. I was wrong to accuse the owner of " luring " people away. I have no idea who the guy was who talked to my friend. I apologize for that.

I do not apologize for thinking that it was wrong to open a place like that right next door. It 's just my opinion, which I think I will keep to myself in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
  17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Your statement (accusation) makes no sense at all....how can a smoke filled, 16 x 16 bar compete with a large, non-smoking full service restaurant? :rolleyes:

18. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Is their menu on their website current? We haven't been there yet, but some friends tried it last weekend. One of them had fried shrimp and said it was the best she's had anywhere in a long time. I don't see that on their menu though.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the menu is on their website....but I know the fried seafood items have just been added....so not sure if would be update online or not.

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

had their fried chicken sandwich the other night as a light supper and let me tell you it was some kind of good. The chicken was lightly battered and fried just right. If you are looking for one of those chain resturant type sandwiches with the heavy batter you won't find it here.