A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Thing I is riding a big girl 20 in bike, all by herself! I almost teared up.

I have to go supervise.

2. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking, how old is she? My girls will be 7 in July and I was looking at moving them up from their old 16 inch bikes to an 18, but girl's bikes are hard to find in that size. Wasn't sure about moving them to a 20-inch yet.

P.S. Good for Thing I !! :hurray:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so ready to head home

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I think my kids are the only ones in the world that don't like spaghetti or pizza. :?

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My son likes spaghetti and pizza, but will not eat hot dogs or hamburgers. He's mostly a vegetarian by choice.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Do you have a red car with a personalized "alli-oop" tag?

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Think that's (the late) TR Lee's granddaughter.

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

No, but oddly enough Allioop was my first and only personalized license plate when I was 16 years old! That's why I picked that screen name.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

She will be 7 in July as well - about the tallest in her class. I have heard 18 in bikes are hard to find. I would go with the 20 in and get an easily adjustable seat - otherwise you could be buying another bike in a year. With July being a ways off, they will probably be ready - I am expecting Thing I to hit a growth spurt soon.

10. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Hey FYI ball sign ups are in March..

:)

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone have bathing suits out yet? I need one by Friday morning. :mrgreen:

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't say anything to her then!!! LOL

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh lawd. :lol:

off to target ...

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yuck - mammogram day:evil: If men had to go through this those machines would be a lot different:jester:

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Yes right....well we get old doctors with cold hands to ask us to cough. while they fondle the bidness wid cold hands! But you can make them hurry up by rubbing the top of their heads when they ask you to cough.

16. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Those new machines are not bad at all. I gotta go Monday.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good, i am going to the new hospital on 42 so they should have the new one i hope.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've been to that one, I couldn't tell any difference, same kind of machine? The old smash and grab...:cry: Actully going myself this Friday :hurray: NOT!!!!:banghead:

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've been getting them for so long now.. it's not the machine, it's the girl who works the damn thing! The first one I got the girl, GIRL, had me standing on my toes screaming for help! Get some one whose had one, to preform the procedure. I prefer the lady at JMH, not the health center, but the hospital. Anyone can push a button. If it were life or death, I'd say Wake Med, probably Duke. But it's a mammogram. My last one was done at Wake Med on 70, she was about 25. Not too bad, but obviously only experienced in pushing buttons. There's other things to consider, physical limitations exclusive to the patient. But JMH was a Cadillac ride compared. JMH found my Moms cancer. Good luck and let us know. Mammos are crappy no matter who gives them! Squash, squash, squash!

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Side note - and rethinking - thinking back - I'd ***** slap that 1st girl if I had the chance. Holier than thou little ****.

Yes, men. Mammograms are THAT bad!