4042.com Radio - Sound Check Request

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Have been doing a little "tweaking" on the webplayer setup for 4042.com Radio. If you have a moment, would appreciate a "test" to make sure it is working properly for everyone.

To do the sound check, just look over at the right hand column...you'll see the "Currently Playing on 4042.com Radio" display, and right under it is a link for "Listen!"

Please click on the "Listen!" link...that will open a new, small browser window and the player should automatically start playing the stream after a few seconds.

If you don't hear the 4042.com Radio, or get an error message, please let us know here. Just post the error and your browser type (IE, Safari, Firefox, etc.).

Thanks for your help! 8)

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm using regular Internet Explorer 8.0, and the player just keeps spooling and never starts playing. I let it go for about 5 minutes before I closed it out.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

mine started right up within seconds after clicking....internet explorer 8 here .....

4. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

Sounds works fine in Chrome (win7 64-bit)!

(although looks like popup window has its dimensions backwords) It resizes to a tall/narrow window, not wide enough to show the player... Starts out the right size, but the window.resize script doesn't seem to work correctly on my PC.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I.E. 7 here at work, couldn't get it to load all day yesterday but working fine now

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Follow-up question....using IE8, are you able to listen to any other stream?

Thanks!

7. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Thanks for checking! We'll look at that dimension issue with Chrome.

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

didn't pay attention to the popup with chrome..Sounds good, which is why I tuned in.

9. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Does not load for safari. New window pops up, but loading icon just continues spooling.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I was able to open and stream Kiss 93's radio station live.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

had the same issue the other day. Window would open and it would sit there and flash loading at me and would never load. Closed it out and listened to Sirius online just fine.

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

FireFox

Made my already open window smaller and opened in a new tab.

13. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Just to confirm...which browser where you using? Thanks!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Sorry about that.

IE version 8.0.6001.18702 with 128-bit encryption.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When did you make the "tweaking"? For two days now the 4042 discusion site shuts down my Droid 2 Global phone. It worked fine till then and I downloaded Firefox (which isn't very good for the Droid) and can get the site to work.

I have checked for malware and viruses with both Lookout and AVG Antivirus for android phones with no issues.

Performance on my PC is still flawless.

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Did the tweaks this afternoon, just before posting this "sound check" request. The only change was in the URL that calls the player window when you click on the "Listen" link.

Does the Droid have the problem as soon as you hit the forums main page, or as you are navigating between pages?

Thanks for the details - very helpful....please let us know if you notice any other issues.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

An example is if I try to get to the latest post in the epic "Random Thoughts" thread it kicks me out of the web and resets my phone to the opening "Google" page, typically I can see the page but before it fully loads the page it is gone. It is not limited to just that thread but often occurs with other threads. The phone surfs every other thread I regularly cruse with no indicator of issues, some of them blogs and some Communist News sites (in other words Main Stream Media). :cool:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok well looks like i am back to just loading - one day only of getting to listen to it :cry: Have tried twice this am to get it going but it just loads and loads and loads.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Mine loaded right up this morning with IE 8. Listening to it right now, sounds good!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

good thing i didn't take my desk radio home like i had planned