Not Blockbuster!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

The Blockbuster in Clayton and the Blockbuster in Garner (both off of hwy 70) will be CLOSING as of April 10th (or TBD)!!!

From what I was told, they will continue renting until Thursday, then on Friday (of this week), everything in the store will be on sale.

The only nearest Blockbusters will be in Smithfield and Knightdale. Those stores will continue to remain open.

Food Lion on Hwy 70 now has a Blue box.

Daym. This sucks.

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Saw a Blue box at the Food Lion on 42East today. I had not been to that FL since the one at Riverwood opened and I think it has a Red Box (at RW).

I haven't been in a Blockbuster in many, many years. When the kids were younger, we would just check out what we wanted at the library and now we watch through TWC or netflix. Sorry you will miss it though! Seems like lots of changes lately with bookstores closing and now BB. Sign of the times, I guess.

3. ferrickhead28

Yeah, I have Netflix, but I like Blockbuster because I can rent a movie when it comes out, as opposed to waiting for Redbox to get it 30 days later. Plus, unless I reserve online, I can never seem to get a good movie through redbox. Oh well. Life will go on. :)

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

there is a blockbuster box at nc 50 & 1010. the BP station.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I understand that. We pay a little more with TWC (3.99 for a 48-hr rental), but the movies come out pretty quickly, same day as the dvd I think? I am lazy and like not having to return anything or go anywhere. Of course, that all will end if my DH doesn't find a job soon. Then, red/blue box it is...or the Howell Theatre for $2.50 movies and smuggled snacks! :jester:

6. ferrickhead28

I love TWC too! Thinking about renting 'Unstoppable".

Walgreens has "smuggled" candy on sale this week for $.69. I stocked up, lol. I just dont understand how a movie theater can charge $3!

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Netflix is kicking that tail!!

8. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I agree...it costs a small fortune to take two teenagers and two adults these days. I was thinking of trying to find Catfish. Did you rent it at BB? Sounds interesting according to the reviews (including yours). Is it suitable for teenagers or no? Thanks!

NVM...found it on TWC. Gonna watch it this week.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
  9. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Unfortunetly, the times they are achanging. Do you remember when there were A1 rentals around-then Blockbuster pushed them out. I guess now Blockbuster is getting pushed by Netflix, Red Box, etc. Also you can watch almost anything on internet. Internet has also put a hurting on postal service.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Since the Post Office is closed today for Presidents Day, do you know if email will be delivered?

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought was it was the stank of cigarette smoke and the blabbermouth that managed the place, all this time it was Blockbuster? lol

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  12. ferrickhead28

It was a very good movie! Depending on how old your teens are. There is a phone conversation that took place, that I had to send my 12 year old out of the room for (actually, she high-tailed it out, lol). Other than that, it was suitable. :)

13. ferrickhead28

Don't get me wrong, I have Netflix and I often hit up Redbox..the only thing I really can't stand about Redbox is having to wait. I ALWAYS seem to get stuck behind that family of five who is fighting over what ONE movie to rent that night. They see me behind them, clearly just wanting to return one movie. :banghead:

Plus, Blockbuster was the only place that you can rent movies that come out on the actual DVD release date. TWC is getting better about having more movies to watch on demand though, so hopefully they continue to do that.

If you don't already know then...well, check this site out.
    http://tvshack.bz/

(Scroll all the way down to the bottom right or just scroll through the "movies") Some of the movies that are in theaters now have recently been added.

:popcorn:

14. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

That movie is great

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks for the feedback. My boys are 14 and 16, so there is not much they haven't already witnessed at school, but I still don't allow them to see it/hear it with me present! I almost fell out a few times at a PG13 movie I took them to over the summer. They were fine...me...not so much!:oops:

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We were like that with the last Transformers movie. I was horrified at the language and situations in it after folks had just raved about it. Not appropriate at ALL for kids in my opinion. Ticked me off after spending a ton of $$ so he could see it on opening night.

That's ok, we won't be seeing the next one at all, not even as a rental.

17. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

LMAO... I was thinking the SAME thing... YUCK!

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If it was me, we let you have cuts. :)

19. ferrickhead28

Ha ha! Thanks Cleo! :)

20. ferrickhead28

Ah yes...the Transformers movie...I'm sure I know what scene you are talking about. Thanks to that movie, I had to explain what something was. I was NOT happy.

I also made the mistake of going to see "Nick & Norah's infiniate playlist" on opening night. Anything with sexual content should automatically have an "R" rating in my opinon.