Papas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by granola acres mayor, Feb 20, 2011.

1. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Ok folks i dont know when the last time any of yall have eaten at Papas behind smithfield BBQ, on 42, Last night the DH and i where on a hunt for a cheesesteak, We happend into there about 10:30 and ordered up.well much to my surprise the food was AMAZING!!! the quality awsome and the Man who owns the place was so nice. I had asked him about the things that he made from scratch and he walked me throught his kitchen to show me some of his goods. I was so impressed on how clean and organized it was. he then told me he was trying some new menu items and asked for my humble opinon. he made this pita kinda thing from pizza dough and sliced it open hot and fillied it with Ham n cheese, lettuce, tomatoe and some other stuff and asked me and DH to give it a try, WELL it was so good! i was very impressed. and then we took our cheesesteaks home to gve them a whirl. Well again i must say the bread FRESH! the steak TASTEY! in a nut shell if yall aint been there latley I think you should re visit. the owners name is Balahn, he is a great guy.i will be there as often as i can afford it! let me know what yall think as i value my 40/42ers opinions.
    Thank you .
    GAM, Valarie
    " disclaimer. I have no ofiliations with this company."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Papa's

LOVE it there! I havent had anything there that I didnt like.

3. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Love it and love him! We really like the spinach, feta cheese, and tomato white pizza.

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

do they have gyro's? american hero has lost my business

5. granola acres mayor

Not sure but his website is www.dinewithusclub.com and right now he has some really good deals and coupons.

this place blows american hero out of the park. there is no comparison.

6. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I have always preferred the cheesesteaks at Papas...in fact you just gave me my dinner idea for tonight!! And yes, They have gyros for 4.99!

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

someone brought that pizza to The Tavern a few weeks ago, and it was really really good!!

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Thanks Tassy, I was about to chime in also. They are very friendly to the good folks up at The Tavern. Always throwing in a little something extra, great deals, and SUPER SERVICE!!!

Can't say enough good things about 'em!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

9. granola acres mayor

ive got some really great coupons let me know if you ae interested. im so happy to hear your responses. Balahn is a great guy and the food is amazing.

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Where exactly are they? I've never heard of them but would love to find a good (non-chain) place for pizza and subs. Hubby has yet to find a truly good steak and cheese sub anywhere!

11. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I went on that website and joined but didn't see any coupons or specials listed. I def want to try it but need a coupon! :)

12. granola acres mayor

LG, They are right behind smithfields BBQ on 42 across from cracker barrel. you wont be dissapointed.

13. granola acres mayor

If you go into the shop he has coupons on the counter for ya. and some really great daily deals. enjoy!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I went to the website and registered and there were still no coupons or specials for Papas (just one special for a restaurant in Raleigh). It seems like it might be an older website, that was good in concept, but not kept up with. I still think they have a great pizza, and I'll have to try some of the other items.

15. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

^^ I second that!!!! I haven't been to American Hero in MONTHS NOW^^

I haven't been to Papa's in some years bc the last time I went the food wasn't all that great. But I will give it a try again. Esp for a good Cheesesteak or Gyro!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  16. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Is this Papas Subs and Pizza? If so, i think it is actually a chain. There is one on 210 at exit 319 and on the other side of Clayton. There are others in garner, holly springs, lillington, Angier, and several other North Carolina locations. The one on 210 is pretty good, and their steak and cheese is yummy. I'll have to try the one at 42 also.

17. Thank you every one for the very nice comments. We aim to please. Our customers are very important to us!! We are located at 5176-K Hwy 42 West, right behind Smithfied BBQ. Phone # (919)779-1155.

18. There are a few other Papa's Subs and Pizza. We are not actually a chain, each are independantly owned. And not all Papa's Subs and Pizza have the same menu items. We are working on getting our own web site, we joined the dinewithusclub several years ago. As soon as it is up and running we will let you know.

19. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

I agree with all the other comments. Great place, once I went in there and the owner told me to trust him and let him fix me something different. I fell in love with it!!

20. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

Trust me-this guy cares for his customer and knows how to look after them.
    Everything I have tried lately has been great but his off the menu items are the best.
    He fixed me a dish with the pita bread,hummus, a light flovorful soup and the BEST rice I have tasted lately.
    All at very fair pricing