Not Blockbuster!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah, that was in Transformers I and it blissfully went right over his head. Transformers II was way worse in my opinion. So there will be no Transformers III seen in our house until he is 17, LOL.

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We rented one of those on TWC (the one that was at IMAX a few years ago...II?). Thankfully, we pulled the plug after the first few minutes and didn't watch it all. We all disliked it. It's amazing to me what passes for PG13 and even R these days.

My DH and I rented Antichrist a year or so ago (we were here alone), and I thought it would be Stephen King-ish...NO, it was VERY explicit and should have had a stronger warning IMO. It was on the regular MOD channel on TWC, but it was rough! I guess I am getting old!

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon! nothing like catching a good hump scene on tv with your 12 year old son!

That **** ****es me off. Crap on regular tv is just as bad sometimes if not worse. We were recording old "Without A Trace" shows a while back and it would catch about 45 seconds of the previous show before it started. What ever the hell it was the couple were screwing their brains out then each had a line afterward. Nice.

Oh yeah son that's what the kids in school call ****ing. Remember?! We discussed the birds and the bees and self respect, intercourse and protection? Well, it's ****ing.

Welcome to the new generation. ... Shall I teach you how to compose a tweet?

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: Oh.......isn't it grand to be bringing up kids in this "anything goes" era? You and I are NOT that old, but I tell you, some of the stuff you see makes you :confused:.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

agree....I hear GD on TV but then they bleep out female dog.

whiskey tango foxtrot

6. nsanemom22

The new show "Harry's Law"? the first two episodes let out a kiss my ***. :roll:

edit: I lied. I remembered today. It wasn't kiss my ***. It was *** hole. ...any way... carry on.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No it isn't just you!! Two and a Half men (which I am watching, but my son is not) needs to be on at 10, when most kids should be in bed!!

We had a minor go around with DS not too long ago about a video game he wanted. It apparently had strong sexual content so his dad and I immediately vetoed it. He wasn't happy about it, but tough cookies. :mrgreen:

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

politcial correctness run amuck

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You can keep imagining homosexuals on HGTV if you want to, I'll just stay boring and watch American Pickers. :lol:

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

what channel is that on?

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, the do what feels good generation with no respect for others.

You know what burns me? Explicit t-shirts out in public, or even bumper stickers on cars.

I have a first grader who reads everything now, thanks asshats!!!! What the hell is wrong with you?

<- Still flipping over 1st grade eye-level tabloids at the grocery store.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

This reminds me of a shirt a friend of mine bought while in New Orleans a few years ago. We went down there for a bachelor party the weekend before Katrina hit.

Anyway, one of the guys on a trip buys a shirt that read "I can't understand you with my **** in your mouth." Ok, now that might be funny on Bourbon St after dark...but this dude continued to wear it once he got back home.

I was like....dude.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's when you invite him over to help you pressure wash and "accidentally" dump a jug of bleach all over it.

14. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Your location makes my mind go in the gutter hottie!

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

There's no "shock factor" anymore. Yes, I'm old, but back in the day if we heard cursing or saw something inappropriate, we were shocked and it stood out as something that was outside the norm. Now, our kids are exposed to so many things via different ways that there is no shock factor. The problem with this is it makes the behavior seem more acceptable and normal. I fear things will only get worse.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, been there!!! Common decency is apparently a dying thing.

17. nsanemom22

There is a vehicle that goes through the pick up line at West Clayton Elem that has a decal on their back glass of stick people giving each other a blow job...or is it the 69 position... See?! I can't even remember. You see this stuff enough you become immune to it.

18. nsanemom22

I'd like to watch music videos on tv! But I'm not going to watch crotch shots and girls rubbing their boobs together just so I can hear a song. If I want someones crotch shoved in my face I'll go to a strip joint.

And rape scenes. Are they really necessary?

:evil:

19. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Watched Pawn Stars tonight...I like it! Love the Auction ones too where they buy the storage units...and Antiques Road show. I like the dad on Pawn Stars. I think I know some folks like him.:mrgreen:

20. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:jester: Yep, calling it like I see it!! Enjoyed seeing you today.