Fuel cost for 950 miles

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Feb 22, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I went to several calculators but they all come up with the same result more or less~at 20 MPG for a Ford Escape and fuel cost of approx. $3.80 a gallon it's about $180,does that sound right?
    Thanks!

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Sure does - 950 miles divided by 20 MPG times $3.80/gallon.

3. Casceysmom

Casceysmom Guest

it`s starting to get cheaper to fly!

4. AnnetteL

Thanks!!

5. AnnetteL

If it wouldn't be for the pet fee it would be but they charge $125 each way to take a small pet on board with you,don't know why it's so much since in this case the airline does not have to handle it.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because they can, if they could do what Ryan Airlines has gotten away with they would charge you for using the Bathroom.

My question would be if there is an extra day or two of hotel stays en-route (or extra days of vacation lost) because of this, if so pet charges may be offset. Not to mention wear and tear on the vehicle let alone the humans!

7. AnnetteL

Good point! We were thinking of renting a vehicle instead and just driving from here to Mass.got relatives there. Dog never been on a plane before so there might just be a lot of wear and tear (yowling,growling,barking etc.) on our nerves too,not to even mention fellow passengers :lol:
    Any tips as far as car rental companies ;)?
    I've read the Enterprise is supposed to be one of the better one's.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It is the highest rated one in customer satisfaction. Enterprise also owns Alamo and National Rental Car (National is geared to the business traveler and I am in one of their cars almost 200 days a year).

9. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

where are you getting your gas? 3.80 a gallon....the most i've seen recently is 3.14

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The rental car agency.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No, I just paid $4.88 a gallon for that this morning.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Gas isn't going to stay 3.14 for 850 miles. I think she is planning for fluctuation with a cushion. :)

14. AnnetteL

That was the idea ;)

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Seems like whenever we decide to take a longer distance vacation - gas prices sky-rocket. We normally just go to the beach, but this yr we're headed to the Pigeon Forge area........:banghead:

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I want to know the correct spelling of his name as I have seen it spelled several different ways on several different news media sites.

17. bosoxfan

I think I speak for most of us when I say "Please stay home so that the gas prices stop going up". :jester::jester:

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

19. AnnetteL

:shock::shock:

20. bosoxfan

That's why I always bring my rentals back full. No need of the car rental companies gouging like that.