How to phone question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Feb 23, 2011.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Facebook app on my droid used to have an icon for CHAT. For some reason it I can't get the chat icon anymore, and my DD phone has the same as mine so I know their could have been an upgrade on facebook for the droid. Question: How do I get CHAT back on facebook on the droid. I only get newsfeed, photos, emails, profile and friends and info. :) I get everything online on my CPU, but I would love it all on my droid.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Where are the tech people? No One knows how to do this? WWwwwaaaaaa.............sniff., sniff........

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry, if I could I would remove all the Facebook, Blockbuster, City ID and VZ Navigator off my Android phone. Absolute waste of memory and the Blockbuster, City ID and Navigator apps are just ways to rip the suckers off.

If you really want this crap on your phone go to the Market Place and try reinstalling it.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Meanie :)

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I just looked at it and mine has it. If you tap the word "Facebook" in the upper left, it will bring you to a screen with 9 icons. News Feed, Profile, Friends, etc. The one on the bottom right is Chat.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

That is what i used to do. Then my phone messed up, and now when i touch facebook like you said nothing happens at all. Always have to hit the back button instead, and I only get 6 icons now, not 9 so chat is not one of them:( Any other suggestions, i don't know why facebook changed the layout on my phone, My DD phone has the same thing now as me:( Did you register you facebook account to your mobile phone, that is one thing I did not do, maybe that will affect it?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Like Hugh said, you'll probably need to uninstall it, then go to the Market and reinstall it.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you very much for that info. I will try that and let you know how it went.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Still working on it. Don't know how to uninstall:(

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That was my point, you can't uninstall these few programs, but you should be able to go to the "Market" and reinstall/upgrade them.

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Silly question, but have you asked your daughter for help? My experience is that my boys know a lot more than I do about almost everything electronic.

Just a thought...good luck!

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Ok, got aggravated and went to the Verizon store and the guy there said i didn't have to uninstall anything, that i just didn't finish the installation/upgrade! I had the old facebook version on there, and upgraded droid to facebbook but didn't finish to put the upgrade on the droid, so Thanks everyone........... And he showed us a lot of neat tricks also! So now I am a happy camper:)

13. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

I have a droid. Sign on to facebook. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll have the option of clicking on "download for droid" and/or click on full site. That should do it for ya.