I hate McDonalds.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

That is all.

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Don't speak the language?

3. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I hate taco bell. I used to like it, but now you get close to nothing on your tacos, burritos, mexican pizzas, etc. When I eat there, which is rarely, I pay extra just to get enough stuff on my food.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm annoyed with Subway tonight. MAJOR language barrier when I was trying to order for DH and DS. I think they need a menu where you can just point at what you want. :?

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Me too, with the exception of their mystery meat McRibs. I dont want to know what is in them, I just know they are delicious! Much prefer BK to Mickey D's. Cook Out has them all beat tho....best fast food burgers & shakes around!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I just wish they would get my dang order right at least a few times!!

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Got cold cuts at Lowe's recently. Gave me a 1/4 pound when I asked for 3/4. When I called it to her attention, she told me she didn't know how much 3/4 was. I yelled to one of the other people behind the counter to please come over and help her (since, frankly, I was at a loss...). Come to find out, she had recently "figured out" that 1/4 lb was .25 on the scale (and she was mighty proud about that), but didn't know that .75 = 3/4 lb. I took out a piece of paper from my purse and wrote a reference for her:

.25 = 1/4 lb
    .50 = 1/2 lb
    .75 = 3/4 lb

You'd think she'd be grateful...she just looked at me and said, "what's a lb?"

<sigh>

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock:

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

So was that a young girl or an older lady?

10. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Which lowe's so we can avoid it? And I agree with above poster about the language barrier at subway (I'm guessing the one in the gas station on josephine and 42)

I wish more employers would have you take a test in order to get hired....

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

that would be the one! LOL :lol:

I have stopped in there 3 times since I started working in the vicinity about 10 months ago, and it has been like that every time. It shouldn't be an ordeal or a mime session to order a sandwich. I actually do not care for Subway and avoid it if it's just for me, but DS likes their flat bread, so I stopped in there for him since we were in a time crunch.

12. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

It's funny- I've been in there a number of times and the manager always seemed unusually grumpy. Last time I went in we got to talking and he's really not that way. His life story (...prior to Subway!) is really quite incredible.

Ya never know, I guess.

...but I still hate McDonalds!

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It seems like lately that bad food service is spreading around here. We went to the Applebees at 4042 last night. They were busy as you would expect on a Friday. They set the tone for me when I stood at the host stand for several minutes waiting for the kid to greet me. Finally after he ignored me for too long I asked him "How do I get on that list?". He grunted something and took my name.

Once we sat down there was a woman working cleaning tables or something. She's middle aged with a bad New Jersey accent. Apparently she was inconvenienced by the large group that was just sitting down and trying to buckle their small child in to a seat. She was standing over my shoulder huffing and puffing while whipping that nasty towel that she used to clean tables all over the place. I felt the breeze from it several times while trying to eat my swill.
    How do people get jobs?

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think that is typical of Applebees!! DH loves the wonton tacos they have, but apparently only the ones prepared in Garner (not 4042). We went to the one in Knightdale last weekend since we were there for somethign else and had horrible service. REALLY bad, to the point that I left a $3 tip for the meal. :? But otherwise, I agree with you, I'm actually suprised when we get good service now, it's really pathetic.

The Applebee's in Garner used to be horrid, but is now OK. And those wonton tacos are really good. :jester:

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Saw a commercial for some new BK burger, peppers and something in it, looks nasty

16. mom2two

mom2two Well-Known Member

I just dont like the one in Clayton. Drive thru is always crazy long. They need to put another one somewhere in Clayton on 70. Maybe at walmart where Wendy's left. The way the one is always busy, I don't think another one somewhere in Clayton would hurt it at all.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:ack:

we fondly refer to the place as CRAPPLEBEE's.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That makes me want to :ack: everytime I see it.

19. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

If you think the service is awful, just think what goes on in the kitchen!!!!!!!!! We had rather eat a sandwich at home. We rarely eat out. I believe 99% of all restaurants are NASTY! JMHO Pat