strawberry festival

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by fizzco, Feb 28, 2011.

1. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the exact dates? I seem to miss it every year and I need to request off from work. Thanks in advance.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

April 23rd. ;)

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they would hold it on Easter weekend, when so many people may be out of town.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Maybe its always the last weekend in April, so they don't want to change it? Easter just happens to be a lot later than usual this yr!

5. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

You are right, it is always the last weekend and we cant change it b/c we already have it designated through the town & DOT. I hope you get a chance to come out this year..we are there every year and always enjoy it!

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Good, more free stuff for me. :cool:

7. b5of8kids

b5of8kids Member

The Chamber had to go to the Jo Co Commissioners to have the 4th Saturday in April proclaimed Strawberry Festival Day in order for the NC DOT to shut down the road. Just because it will be held on Easter weekend has not stop the applications for the vendors, in fact we have more vendors now than we did at this time last year. We have alot of new things happening this year. In the game area we will have the Rock Wall, Laser Tag, Putt - Putt. We will give you an option to buy tickets for our games or a wrist band that will be good for all the inflatables including the laser tag, the wrist band will be good for the whole day.

Starting at 12pm-2pm Mr. & Ms. Wuf (NC State Mascots) will here, Quest Fellowship Church will be giving Free pictures with Wuf at their booth.

Food vendors will be here with funnels cakes, Chocolate dipped Cheesecakes, Roasted Corn, Deep Fried Peanut Butter Sandwiches and lots more!
    Of course we will have Strawberries, Strawberry Ice Cream and Strawberry Short Cakes and lots of free stuff!
    The event is planned to be a Family Oriented Event, so bring your family!

8. b5of8kids

b5of8kids Member

Date for the Strawberry Festival

The date for 2011 Strawberry Festival will be Saturday April 23rd, 9am - 4pm!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm looking forward to it, great chance to see everyone again and we always have a great time every year!!!!

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hey, it's time somebody else won stuff too!!! :lol::lol:

Sherry