Sweet Tea

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Mar 1, 2011.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

So...got some Smithfield's tea with my lunch today. It was NOT as sweet as normal. I was wondering if it was just this batch or if this is a new formulation. It was fine. They had plenty of room to dilute from the extreme sweet it was before. Just wondered if anyone else noticed.

And while we're on the subject of sweet tea. What's your fave between these 2--Bojangle's or Smithfield's, and, if neither, where is your favorite?

And, am I the only one who can not drink Bojangle's tea and then refill with Smithfield's? (Yes, it happens if my in-laws are in town...that's the only time we end up with a gallon of Smithfield's in the fridge after they go to Bojangle's to get breakfast!)

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Between Bo's and SCNB I prefer SCNB. But my favorite is at McDonalds on 70 in Clayton followed by the Fuze Southern Style sweet tea at Subway.

For fast food type tea, that is.

3. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

LOL Pizza Inn at 40/42 has good sweet tea too!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I agree that the Mickey D Large Sweet Tea is my favorite of the fast food joints. Bojangles often has an overbrewed taste and SCNB is usually waaaay toooooo sweeeet. Actually, I prefer my wife's tea. She uses lime for flavor instead of lemon. To me, lime just seems to taste better in tea.

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I love the SCNB sweet tea. I was introduced to the lime w/ sweet tea instead of lemon in Jamaica a few years ago on vacation. They serve everything with limes! You're right, it is very good!!

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Chic-Fil-A
    Bojangles
    Mickey D's

7. jbarrow0811

jbarrow0811 Well-Known Member

We just got SCNB sweet tea the other day and it was great like it usually is...maybe you just got a bad batch...I think that is my fav. sweet tea too!

8. CraigSPL

Love their lemonade

9. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Yeah...see, I'd never be able to try their sweet tea b/c their lemonade is so good. It'd have to be a situation where they were out of lemonade. :)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Now I want tea............................and lemonade. :jester:

11. CraigSPL

if you can find the premixed stuff in the store it's not that bad.

[​IMG]

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not together, EWWWWW!!!! Thanks anyway!!:jester: I don't like premade tea either although DH like a bottled kind by Lipton. :ack:

I don't even get a lemon wedge in mine. Just some sugar please! :cheers:

I was in PA a few years ago and asked for "sweet tea" at a Hardees. The guy looked at me like I had grown a second head, LOL.

13. CraigSPL

The half tea and half lemonade isn't that bad......just ask my wife who thought the same thing to start with. As for the pre-made teas I've run across a few in the grocery store that were decent. They are usually sold in the cold food section near the milk/oj. Most of the decent ones are usually marked as Brewed Southern Style Sweet Tea.

My other tea that I drink is the Lipton Green tea. I drink both the diet and the regular and neither are too bad as long as they are good and cold.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Yall know that stuff is bad for you....right?

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tea without sugar is actually good for you. Both green and black tea are full of antioxidents.

However, I have to have sugar in mine so that negates any health benefits. :lol:

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Tea gives me indigestion :cry:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I might give it try sometime. :cheers:

DH and DS like the green tea, me.............not so much. :lol:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can't drink it on an empty stomach. If I don't have something to eat it makes me :ack:

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was thinking... maybe it would work as an appetite suppressant. Coz after I drink any I sure ain't hungry! lol

20. CraigSPL

I don't have that issue. I can drink anything on an empty stomach and usually do first thing in the mornings with my Rockstar Zero as I'm not normally a breakfast person.