Is there a beauty school in JoCo that I'm missing out on?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I heard there was a beauty school at Johnston Community, or somewhere near it where the students cut your hair at a very discounted rate. I can't find anything on this.

Are there any more worth mentioning in the area? I've been to Aveda in Chapel Hill once, for the price it wasn't bad. Just looking for something closer to home. :)

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Try Johnston Community College. They have cosmetology classes there.

3. ferrickhead28

Okay, thats probably what I heard. Do you know if they let their students practice on the public? I dont mind being a guinea pig for a cheap hair cut.:)

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

yea the senior class. I do not know what their prices are.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you're just looking for a cut, Great Clips has been advertising $6.99 for any haircut. I can't speak for their quality, as I've never used them.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

My DH and DS (age 24) both go to the one at 4042/Food Lion and they have no complaints w/ them. DS gets basic buzz cut and DH's looks more like a scissor cut, I've never asked him, lol - but it looks good. :lol:

7. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

The cosmetology students from JCC used to give facials at the Cleveland annex building, but I don't know if they still do. You can probably find that info on their website!

http://www.johnstoncc.edu/

8. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

They have a massage therapy school, too @ JCC. Haven't been to either but they are there.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Beauty School in JoCo....there was, but apparently no one was able to complete the course.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

11. ferrickhead28

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Teresa Miller at Healing Grounds Massage & Bodyworks in "The Salon at Chadbourne" has rates of $45 for 45 minutes, $60 for 60 minutes, & $90 for 90 minutes and from what i hear people say, she is great!!!!
    www.healinggroundsmassage.com