Stomach bug?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Thing I started vomiting Sat morning. It looked like a regular stomach bug, she layed around, didn't really eat - only threw up a few times/diarrhea Sat and then once Sunday evening when she was up moving around getting into her bed she threw up again. She had a tummy ache Sunday which I thought was normal since she was vomiting Sat - but it is Tues morning and her stomach ache is still here, right in the pit of her stomach I guess. She is still laying around, no fever or anything (never did have one). She started eating some yesterday.

Just a stomach bug or be more concerned with the lingering stomach ache?

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

My neighbor is a nurse. She said her family just had the worst stomach bug she has seen in a long time. One of her children was in bed and didn't eat Friday through Sunday. Her other son and her husband had it too. Must be going around. Make sure she is drinking. Call your doc. Ya know they always then say, "Bring her/him in."

Oh and she said the stomach pains were really bad.

DB's wife

3. Cleopatra

Yeah, I am waiting on the nurse to call back. She just ate some eggs, I don't think the stomach ache is bad - she is not doubled over in pain or anything. Her color has come back and she is looking better - it's just not like her to lay on the couch watching Dora. lol

I'm not sure if Thing II is getting it, or just getting some attention and ginger ale. ;)

4. Cleopatra

It's normal. There is a bug going around, and the stomach ache and/or other symptoms can last up to a week.

Thank goodness I have some TWC movie coupons.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Poor little peepers! There is only so much you can do for them, hate it when the kiddies are sick. You know they are bad off when they just lay on the couch. DS actually turned up "missing" a couple months ago and had gone to bed in the middle of the day. :shock:

6. Cleopatra

I am enjoying the peace and quiet. ;)

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, there is that! :cheers: Always look for the bright side. :jester:

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My girls always do this. If one of them is sick, the other one starts coughing or holding her stomach and says she "needs" medicine. I'm not sure why my kids like medicine so much. :lol: