NCSU Men's hoops coach Lowe is

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

stepping down, as reported this afternoon at 2.

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

As in, "Here Sidney, sign this", I'm sure.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Sad. I really wished he would have done well. He got some better recruits in.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I can't find where it says he 'resigned'....

I see "come to an end" and "Lowe finished"

where do you see that?

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I heard resigned, the polite thing to do minus your fired.

who's the new coach in waiting? kansas state coach.

6. KellBell

I figure it's 'resigned'....

I have heard two names, both with the last name 'Miller'.....

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sidney Lowe has stepped down as coach at North Carolina State.
    "I'm resigning," he said in a text message to ESPN.com's Andy Katz.
    Lowe met with NC State athletic director Debbie Yow on Tuesday, according to multiple media reports.
    A news conference was scheduled for 6 p.m. ET, the News & Observer of Raleigh reported.

8. KellBell

thanks!!

(big shock WRAL posted half a story :rolleyes:)

9. Hatteras6

Coach Lowe was a good coach. Seems that the fans and boosters desire for win it now precludes someone from building a dynasty. Don't think that today's fans would support the building process it took for many dominant teams to get where they are.

Good Luck, Coach Lowe.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Oh yeah these are great stats. As quoted by N&O.

While in his first 5 years Roy Williams was 172-33 (includes play off games) and was 64-24 (includes playoff games) in the ACC.

Yeah....Lowe was a good coach.......NOT

11. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I know this is 3rd or 4th hand but, I know a donor who carried his friend's (coach) high school team to a NCSU practice. The coach left with his team early. He said it was unorganized, lacked discipline, and looked like a pick up game. The coach did not wan't State's practice to be an influence. I'm from NCSU and thought Sidney would do good. I hope we do better next time.

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Exactly what I said to my hubby.

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Five years is plenty to "build" a basketball program.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

correct

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I think the job is an excellent opportunity for the right coach ( but I love State whether the win or lose). ... If we could get the right man in there ... great things can happen. I'm looking forward to seeing who they get.

16. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

State has a huge problem - they have never been willing to "pay" for a decent coach even though it is sad that this is the way things work, it is. Stuck btw Carolina and Duke, without a financial incentive then you get what we have gotten over the years.

IF State would pay to attract a decent coach then the fan base would be better thus attracting better talent and resulting in a better team.

There has been so many years of bad seasons at State that I feel the fan base has suffered and this has also hindered the pack from stepping up. It is a vicious cycle but it cannot be broken till we get someone that talent is willing to come play for.

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

That is about to change.

18. KellBell

:cheers:

19. Hatteras6

If state universities are cutting classes, raising tuition, what justification is there for paying big bucks for a coach? I'm not trying to stir up any road apples, I'm just verbalizing a question that a few are silently asking themselves.

I am unconcerned as to what private universities and colleges pay. This is the taxpayer supported colleges and universities to which I refer.

Does the athletic booster club make up the difference?

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I would say a quality high paid coach who takes you to multiple championships pays off himself with increased revenue. If you continue the low pay coach approach you would more than likely stay wallowed near the basement.