New stoplight?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Mar 16, 2011.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've seen the electrical trucks in the 4042 area and this morning I noticed a new power line across 42 near the Dairy Queen - is there a stop light going up? :allears:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it would be great if they put one there, i cannot count how many accidents i have seen over the years where folks are trying to turn left there.

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

So there is a light at the off-ramp, then one at the McD's intersection, then another going in at the DQ? and another at the CVS/Wallgreens intersection? 4 lights within a half mile?

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I agree, RIDICULOUS!!

I personally think they should NOT let people IN OR OUT in the area Bandmom is talking about.....route everybody down 1010, the 'back-way". Yes, it's a bit out of the way, but a million times safer.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Aren't the people ...some of the people... (turning L) at the DQ trying to beat the light farther up the road?

Will it stop people from using the TURNING LANE as a MERGING LANE? I've damn near gotten creamed by people doing that.

I don't see what harm one more stop light is gonna do to that place anyway... they don't call it Malfunction Junction for nothing.

<---- seldom goes in that direction 8)

6. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

The crazy thing is there is no left hand turn signal at either the light at Walgreens or at the one at Glen Road/McDonalds (coming east on 42 towards 40)!

7. bandmom

I agree, that it will probably just add to the traffic backups.

And - please note - this is just my observation - I could be wrong (I have been once or twice in my life :lol:).

8. bandmom

It is safer - but cars/people still 'fly' over that hill coming up 1010 - so its also hard to turn left from that road when traffic is bad. I think they should have a 'no left turn' sign @ the Dairy Queen rd (coming from DQ turning left onto 42). :banghead:

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

There is a no Left Turn at the 40 junction and people pass the Right turn off lane and turn Left anyway.

10. bandmom

this is true! have seen it too! :boxing:

11. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

But if they put a stoplight there, instead of another on 42, people will know, and know that's the only way in and out, and I think it would slow the traffic down some.

12. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

They need to block off some of the access points along that strip to control movement a little better than the crap out there right now.

13. bandmom

Yep - they certainly didn't plan that area very well - I guess they just had no idea that it would so popular, lol!

It would also be nice to have alternate ways to access the Peddler Village side - an access road or something?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  14. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Oh no! It already takes way too long to get through that stretch even during low traffic times!