Squirrel question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Mar 20, 2011.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Houston, we have a problem!!! Squirrels, Squirrels and more Squirrels!
    Is it legal to trap and relocate squirrels in Johnston County and NC?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think you should limit it to neutering!

3. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I have news for you. The closest we will get to a squirrel is inside a trap. We are not about to touch his testicles!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Oh good Lord, I just spit coke everywhere!!!

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Make sure you don't have something that can feed on near your house. If you have bird feeders they will come.

Squirt guns do not work but sling shots with little rocks do work. I learned to use one very well last summer. :lol:

Sherry

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I use ice cubes. Scares them away and the cubes melt leaving no evidence behind. :twisted:

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

isn't there something you can put in the birdseed - like cayenne pepper? to keep the squirrels out, but the birds will still eat it? stupid squirrels keep cleaning out my feeders.....:evil:

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I need to start renting out our basset hound. He does a pretty good job of keeping the squirrels out of our yard when he's outside. Next to those rascally rabbits, he loves to give the 'tree rats' a hard time.

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We have a beagle - but she could care less about the squirrels.....:lol: and we have a cat - but he tends to scare the birds away too. :mrgreen:

10. Sherry A.

I like that idea!!!!

Sherry

11. Sherry A.

I've tried the squirrel free bird feeders and most everything and I swear the squirrels are like monkeys.

Look at Ps tail and it will tell you how well they can latch on, swing around and grab that food.

Hate it,
    Sherry

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Just put vaseline on the pole to your feeders. Makes for some good entertainment too!

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

.22 takes care of 'em at my house. :mrgreen:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

"Like" :cheers:

15. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Omigosh that is too funny and just mean! :lol:

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I use a BB gun. I don't recommend it though because I think those darn things are made of rubber so it doesn't do much good. But it's loads of fun and makes me feel better.

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My husband uses his BB gun too but it doesn't really work either. I love watching the squirrels hang upside down trying to get food out of our "squirrel-proof" feeders. :lol:

19. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member