neglected dog at rachels place

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by siameselover, Mar 19, 2011.

1. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

to the person who sent us a letter about our neglected pit bull, i agree with you about the situation, but you didnt need to threaten our property damage or other ideas. and get this, IT'S NOT OUR DOG!!!!!! our neighbors planted the kennel almost on our property. you should have known neglected property=neglected animal.our yard is kept up and neat. and fyi we do not neglect our pets, we have 4 overly pampered and spoiled cats.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Put a sign in your yard pointing to the kennel that says "Not our dog!"

3. ncfemme

ncfemme Well-Known Member

Hopefully, since this is not your dog but you are aware that this animal is neglected...you have taken the steps to call animal control. I would hope that you would.

4. ncfemme

ncfemme Well-Known Member

reporting animal cruelty and/or neglect does not make you a nosy neighbor...it makes you a person who has simply done the right thing for an animal that cannot help itself.

5. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

+1

7. siameselover

i put up a sign and said neighbor came over. i dont think he likes it but we told him that we dont want any property damage so it stays. he said animal control did come but said dog was okay. of course it is cause other neighbor takes care, feeds, waters and hes the one raking the poop out of kennel. of course it is outside of kennel on ground stinking. i just wish he would move the kennel closer to his house or keep dog in house.poor thing feels isolated esp in the dark and lately last few nights starts barking at 3 am.i dont know what has changed in the last few days cause she never did that before

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Don't you love it when people get dogs and put them in a kennel as far away from their home as they can? And usually, it winds up being closer to a neighbor's house. THEY don't want to hear it bark, but it's OK for YOU to listen to it bark. Makes no damn sense.

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

That's the problem in this county. Everybody thinks it is their business what other people do. Personally. I would smack you in the face if you worried about my business.

10. siameselover

it is our business when WE get a threatening letter about THEIR dog! and to hear it barking at 3 am

11. ServerSnapper

Then lets come on a public forum to whine abert it....Cat owners!

12. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I would react the same way if I was in your situation. Believe me, I spent a long time getting my neighbors to enforce the leash laws in my neighborhood. Maybe I am know as the "crazy lady beeotch" on our street, but you'd better believe all the neighbors now have their dogs on their own properties, where they belong. Not out wandering the streets, in packs, intimidating other people's pets. If people like us did not stick up for these pets that their owners are too ignorant to take care of properly, who WOULD! I say Kudos to you, siameselover!

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Hows your designer bike? Get it painted yet? Where did you take it? How much was it?

14. siameselover

i didnt come here to whine, just to inform the idiots who sent the letter to the wrong person that we are not responsible for the dog. and what is wrong with cats? they stay inside so they dont bother anyone or their property

15. ServerSnapper

It's sitting at Matthews Motors on the showroom floor. I traded it in after the fiasco. Might even see it sitting out front.

16. ServerSnapper

Cats are nasty creatures. Stinks up the house and their owners.

17. steve

steve Well-Known Member

not if you care for them and your home properly.

18. ServerSnapper

Nasty nasty nasty.......I have been in extremely nice homes with cats.....they stunk to high heaven. cat hair every where. No kids in sight.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Extremely nice does not equal clean....................just sayin'

Litter boxes cleaned properly (DAILY!) and a vacuum cleaner work wonders.

20. ServerSnapper

You would think most people would understand that. But it is the smoker syndrome. When you smoke you think you smell normal. But others are grossed out. Same with these nasty creatures.