2011 STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 23, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Got this email from the chamber and thought you guys would like to see what's going on this year at the Strawberry Festival:

On Saturday, April 23, 2011 the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce will hold its Annual Strawberry Festival on Technology Drive (40/42). We are looking forward to this high visibility area! The Festival event will include Large Inflatable, Art & Crafts, Family Oriented Activities, Classic Cars Show, Entertainment and Assorted Food Vendors. We are asking for your support on participation and sponsorship, without which we would not be able to present this exciting event for our community. Four Oaks Bank is the title sponsor and Jason Free is our 2011 Strawberry Festival Committee Chair.

[SIZE=+0]We have a lot of new things happening this year. In the game area we will have the Rock Wall, Laser Tag, Putt - Putt. We will give you an option to buy tickets for our games or a wrist bands for the day that will be good for all the inflatables including the laser tag.

Starting at
    12pm-2pm
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+0] Mr. & Ms. Wuf (NC State Mascots) will be here, Quest Fellowship Church will be giving Free pictures with Mr. & Ms. Wuf at their booth.

Food vendors will be here with Funnels Cakes, Chocolate Dipped Cheesecakes, Roasted Corn, Deep Fried Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Krispy Kreme Hamburgers and Cheese Burgers and lots more! Of course we will have Strawberries, Strawberry Ice Cream and lots of free stuff! The event is planned to be a Family Oriented Event, so bring your family!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]Looks like fun:hurray::hurray:[/SIZE]

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Count me in! Yummy!

3. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

OMG... I got the email too, and sortof skimmed it. And then I read your post with the foods listed. Woo hoo! Fried foods of all types, stuff dipped in chocolate?! I'll be there. :)

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Isn't that Easter??? Everyone will be out of town, LOL.......

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the festival is always the last weekend in April - Easter is just a lot later than normal this year, so they coincide............ I'm sure there will still be a good turn-out. Not everyone goes out of town - we don't. :lol:

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I never said everyone will be out of town. I simply said I was surprised they would hold it then when so many people may be out of town. And that was before I knew that this was a set scheduled event and not decided on year by year.

7. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We'll all be there! Me, the DH, and our 2 fur-kids (if its not too hot for them) They enjoy going to events like that so much. We love the Strawberry Festival!

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Deep fried peanut butter sandwiches? Is there anything folks do NOT deepfry?

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Nothing like a Krispy Kreme Hamburger.

[​IMG]

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The late Luther Vandross' favorite meal.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Probably a contributing factor to his being "late".

13. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

What I was going to say as well! It looks awful,is that a donut on top?

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yep, thats a Krispy Kreme cheeseburger...............:ack:

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

the burger is between 2 KK donuts......<barf>.

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Sounds GROSS!

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't know how anybody could stomach doughnuts for hamburger buns. I like a good burger. I like an occasional doughnut. However, not both together at the same time.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Webbie, you gonna have a booth this so we can get come more cool 4042 stuff? We missed ya last year:cry:

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok nosy me called the Chamber and asked about 4042 booth and was told they will be there in Booth 135 - woohoo i'll be in 125 so we will be close by:hurray:

20. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Me and my brood will all be there. Never miss it. always a great time (weather permitting of course) see you at the booth KC