XBOX 360 Repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by XYZ, Mar 26, 2011.

1. XYZ

XYZ Guest

Where do I get one repaired
    Thanks

2. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

Take it to Game Stop.

3. SledgeGPS

SledgeGPS Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with it, e74, red ring.....i have a video link you can repair it your self in about an hour. And for under 15 bucks in materials. Basically its a heat shrink error getting to hot. You take it apart (easy) fix the heat shrink, reset it and good to go.

Watch this video... 1 of 7. On the right you will see a link 2 of 7 , 3 of 7 etc.... in one of the middle videos there is a list of what you need...watch all the videos 1st, buy your material, watch the video as you repair it. Way simple. If you can change oil on a car you can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhjHSGQmEKA&feature=channel

4. SledgeGPS

SledgeGPS Well-Known Member

also when your looking at the videos its the one by sin city, they dont list in order on the right but you can figure it out

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I took mine here, twice.

cost me $49.95

Red ring of death.

He diagnosis it right on the spot so you know what to pay when you pick it up in 2-3 days.

http://www.game-dynamics.com/

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

RROD is caused by the system getting hot and the onboard memory separating from the system board. It has been fixed in the newer models. 50 bucks is the right price to pay. can be fixed with four bolts.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Or check to see if was covered under warranty. Ours was. No further issues.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

ours was the first time... :mrgreen:

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I am saying this because of your avatar. I saw this biggest owl ever Saturday in a tree by my house. HUGE!

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hee hee!! Yeah, DH and DS had to spring for the Halo Reach Xbox 360 when it came out. :jester: The other one is now on back-up status, LOL. It's a tragedy around here when they can't get their Xbox fix.