Blooms Grocery Stores?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What exactly are they? Where exactly are they? Frequently, I'll see a Food Lion road tractor (truck) pulling a 'Blooms' trailer and how's its a different kind of store. I typed in on their locator a Raleigh zip and can't find one within a one hundred mile radius. I see a little bit about them on their website, but I'm curious...has anyone ever seen one or have any experience shopping on a Blooms store?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They are a higher end division of Food Lion. That was what was originally supposed to go in out at Riverwood but the economy dictated that they downgrade it to "just" a regular Food Lion. However, that store is the nicest FL I've ever been in. Just love it! I HATE the other ones around here and wouldn't go in them at all, esp that rat hole out on 70 in Clayton.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I agree!! I was so dissapointed when they decided to turn it into just another FL!

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I skimmed the About Blooms section and saw things like 20-minute up front parking, easy-to-reach shelving and personal scanners. I'm not aware of any stores in this area using such customer service techniques. Wonder why as big as the Raleigh market is, there aren't any around? You'd think that in the metro areas, this would be very popular.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH's company is involved in that technology and it's implementation and I am guessing demographics aren't quite there yet. That stuff is $$$$ :cheers: 5 years ago, yeah, I'm betting it would have been implemented.