State fans

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Mar 28, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

No

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Stevens isn't going to Purdue anytime. Look for Tennessee's new coach to jump to Purdue....Cuonzo Martin.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I don't think he would leave a job he just took, but then again GT's old coach changed his mnd once and went back to GT. Martin would have been Purdues top choice if he had not ent to Tenn.

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

QFT

5. dangerboy

state fans: know your history....

Sloan returned to Florida in 1980, turning the Florida Gators basketball program around for a second time. Sloan's Gators won over twenty games and made the NCAA Tournament in each of his last three seasons and won the university's first Southeastern Conference regular season basketball championship in 1988–1989. His teams compiled a 150–131 record in those nine seasons, giving him an overall record of 235-194 in fifteen years with the Gators.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
  7. dangerboy

Coaching protégés

Several of Donovan's assistants have become college head coaches in recent years. Two of Donovan's former assistants currently serve as head coaches with Donovan in the Southeastern Conference. The following head coaches all spent time under Donovan at Florida:

8. markfnc

9. markfnc

well that didn't happen. Most big jobs are filled now, NC State and now Miami. Any new rumors? THe NC State crowd that keeps me updated are out of the office today.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, since start of this thread its all smoke and mirrors and some speculation.

I think they were pertaining to Donovan here because he was seen around town and it wasn't due to the State job but some thought so.

11. markfnc

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

There is a story about all of this that I will tell once a coach is hired.

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Email from Debbie Yow. Not looking too good!! :(

Dear Wolfpack Family,
    I am writing to share with you the status of the search for our new head coach for men's basketball. There have been telephone conversations with successful coaches that did not develop into meetings -- sometimes because we did not wish to pursue those coaches further and sometimes because the coach involved is happy where he is.
    The conversations have been candid. We have not tried to sugarcoat the challenge of rebuilding our basketball program. Our absence for 5 consecutive years from the NCAA Tournament was noted by each coach as evidence that the program is in poor shape and will require a special effort to rebuild.
    Finding a coach with the fight and fire to do this job has been a challenge. That said, we will find an excellent college coach who shares the vision of what State Basketball can become and is up for the challenge.
    I realize there are multiple rumors surfacing about the nature of the search on websites and in newspapers. Once our new coach is hired, I will be in a position to bring perspective to a number of those rumors. But, right now, we need to remain focused on finding a talented collegiate coach who is a fighter, full of confidence and appreciation for the opportunity to lead our basketball program back to national prominence.
    That will happen in spite of those who believe this cannot occur.
    Wolfpack Basketball is destined for a revival. We will accept no less. Please keep the faith while we continue the search. Your emails and text messages of support have meant everything to me. I am blessed to be your AD.
    In the Spirit of the Pack,
    Debbie

14. BuzzMyMonkey

Go get Frank Martin already

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

He would be my choice at this point.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

Pretty darn good coach and the entertainment factor would be thru the roof with him.

17. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Yow's letter?

Honesty is always good, but I don't know that she is doing the best job of selling the position.

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Terrible letter

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Otherwise known as "Nobody that's any good wants this job".

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

wrong. more like "none of our top targets have wanted this job so we are going to move down the list."