I know there are lots of threads on this but….

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tinnc, Apr 3, 2011.

1. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Most of the threads are kind of old and we all know how hairdressers and hair salons change so often. Looking for recommendations for a hairdresser that is experienced, both in number of years and new styles/techniques, who can also offer suggestions on what would look best on me. Thanks for your input!

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

The best hair dresser I've ever had (and I've had a bunch) is Michelle Luciano. She works at The Salon at Chadbourne. She's been doing my hair for two years, and I don't know what I'd do without her!

3. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Thanks Allioop! I checked out their website, love that they have other services as well. Do you know what the price range is for cut/style?

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I just sent you a PM. :)

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well i have to throw my 2 cents in too on this. After trying several salons in the area i absolutely love Radiance up on 42 in the building beside Food Lion. Tina did my hair until just recently and now the owner Shannon is doing it and i love them both. They offer massages, facials, mani & pedis, etc and i love the way they pamper me from the minute i walk in the door and the free wine is a bonus:cheers: As for prices, they have beat everyone else i have been to around here. Good luck in your search, it is really hard to find someone that fits.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The Salon @ Chadbourne go see Jenny Boykin.
    I am super duper picky about who does my hair, she's been doing mine for about 6 years now with tip I pay $115.

She is AWESOME!!!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: :hurray: :iagree: :hurray: :iagree: :lol:

8. harleygirl

LOL! It was good seeing you if only for a few minutes. Oh and everything turned out GREAT afterwards. :lol::lol:

9. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by harleygirl
    The Salon @ Chadbourne go see Jenny Boykin.
    I am super duper picky about who does my hair, she's been doing mine for about 6 years now with tip I pay $115.

She is AWESOME!!!
    I third that! :iagree::iagree::iagree:

She is young enough to be up on the latest trends, but old enough to have experience! The last time i had my hair done, i tried something new with the color. I got home and realized i loved it and wanted more! She worked me in a couple of days later to add more of the highlights and didn't even charge me. <3 her!

On a side note, I have found that taking pictures with you of what you want your hair to look like really helps any stylist. When you describe something, there is no guarantee that the stylist is getting the same mental image as you. I always take one or two pictures of the cut i want and one or two of the color just to be sure we are on the same page.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

thats good to know! :lol:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They've never offered me free wine..... :?

12. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Thanks all, I appreciate all of your suggestions!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have no idea why, there are always several folks in there with free wine when i go in. They actually ask me if i want it when i come in and sign in.

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Me neither ;) plus they were too $$$.

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Do they have proper licensing to serve alcohol to drink?

16. harleygirl

:lol::lol::lol:

No offense to KC but... BMM has a point.

17. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Do they need a license to give it away free, or only if they are selling it?

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Good point! Lowe's Foods was giving out samples some kind of chocolate flavored wine not too long ago. PASS! But... does having a license to sell also mean having a license to serve?

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

are you guys serious:confused: You cannot tell me you have never been in a salon that serves free wine to it's clients - most nicer salons do in my experience. As a matter of fact the one that just moved from Clayton into the building behind CVS serves wine & beer from what i understand. As for the prices, i guess that depends on your stylist. When stylists rent booths instead of work on commission, they set their own prices. i have been very pleased up there with both Tina and Shannon and their prices have beat the other local salons i have tried.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My salon offers it too, but I haven't done it yet. Sure as the world I'd get pulled over on the way home. I can just hear myself saying "but officer, I only had 1 glass of wine (and it being true, LOL). I'm such a klutz, I probably couldn't pass those roadside sobriety tests stone cold sober. :jester: