State fans

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Mar 28, 2011.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Close enough. :mrgreen:

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I am disappointed that AD Debbie Yow offered the job to Smart. He does not come close to meeting the criteria she outlined in her press conferene 3 weeks ago. He has been a head coach at VCU for 2 years. They finished 4th and 5th in their "minor" conference these 2 years. They just had a great run in the NCAA tourney. He may be a great coach but does not meet the qualification DY promised Wolfpack Nation!

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Mark Gottfried. Ok, but I wouldnt call it a home run

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:allears::allears: :mrgreen:

6. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

A little google search turned up some disturbing posts as to why he was fired at Alabama. If they are true, not sure this is a good call for State.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Your avatar looks strangely like a penis.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

not impressed with hire

10. wolfcub

and this is relevant to this thread for what reason other than to show your
    Immaturity?

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Pretty much - I guess I had you confused with someone who has a sense of humor.

12. wolfcub

Well everytime I tried that I've gotten flamed so I thought I would respond accordingly, lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Now that it's over, I can't wait to find out how we just missed on Billy Donovan, Rick Barnes, Calipari, John Wooden, Woody Hayes, etc. I'm sure those stories will be out soon.

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

This is from an article I read online...
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/reports_mark_gottfried_is_nc_s.html

N.C. State had reached desperation point in its search. Among those who reportedly turned down N.C. State: Texas' Rick Barnes, Arizona's Sean Miller, Memphis' Josh Pastner, VCU's Shaka Smart, Wichita State's Gregg Marshall and Cincinnati's Mick Cronin. A reason for the rejections, according to some reports: N.C. State AD Debbie Yow. Maryland coach Gary Williams had a shaky relationship with his former boss and you can bet the coaching community heard about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

It's true. I work with someone who has a family member that works for the Md athletics department. He said they were VERY glad when she left.
    I've seen enough of her to know that I wouldn't want to work for her, but then I wouldn't work for a woman anyway so I don't count. :lol:

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I can understand that! I have worked for some women who were absolutely awful, to put it nicely.
    Bet you were expecting a different reaction, huh? :jester:

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Listening to his Press conference. I like what he's saying.

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Today in the press conference DY stated that Gary Williams had sabatoged the search. She said flat out that GW was wrong. So far I like DY! She is not afraid to call a spade a spade. I just hope this is a good hire!

20. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

This guy is supposed to be the savior for NC State. Oh lawd, I am laughing so hard. Players go to state when they are not good enough to get into Duke and Carolina.

As a carolina fan though, I would like to see them get better. It would make for a more interesting game whenever we play.