State fans

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Mar 28, 2011.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:hurray::hurray::cheers:

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:cheers:

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Now that the search is over, all I'll say is an asst coach under Sidney Lowe (I'm not giving out his name) was telling everyone that would listen that Billy Donovan had been hired.

Why he would intentionally steer his own people down the wrong road is anyone's guess, but I can only assume because he is bitter about being fired. That is why I made this post last week. Others are saying it was to create disappointment once a lesser name gets hired in order to give the impression the hire is a failure.

I got a call at 11pm saying it was a done deal....a call from someone within the athletic dept so naturally I was on cloud nine.

The Gary Williams thing by now is well documented and affected Shaka Smart's decision to stay at VCU...whether Gary admits it or not.

At the end of the day, this hire isn't a reflection of who State wanted...but more so who wanted State. Once you get past all the "A-list" candidates, they are all about the same. Gottfried has at least shown the ability to win at highest level in addition to being a good recruiter.

Getting back in the top half of the ACC is the goal here and I think this guy is qualified to do just that.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

5. KellBell

Gary Williams is a douc hebag, and Debbie told him so at the press conference yesterday...."let's be frank....she says"

Has anyone here actually worked with Debbie? I doubt it. My husband does, daily. His opinion is NOT that of those who listened to Gary Williams. Gary Williams wasn't doing his job, so he got in hot water with Mrs. Yow....boo freakin-hoo. Debbie is not of "the good-ol boy" mentality like Lee Fowler. Heck she probably has a bigger 'set' than Lee ever dreamed of. I don't have a problem with an AD that has a reputation of getting things done for the good of the school and the students as opposed to making friends. Just sayin......

I don't have any opinion about Gottfried just yet. Seems like a nice guy. I like all he said yesterday. He has a great record and has many trips to the NCAA. I would say it's not too shabby of a pick....

And as afterthought, Go To Hell Carolina forever and always, AMEN

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

OMG State fans are just as obnoxious as Carolina fans now....

7. KellBell

OMG and you're just obnoxious!

:p

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I love it when you talk sexy. :lol:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You left out sweaty - he is a sweaty douc hebag

10. KellBell

LOL....he sure is! LOL!

11. KellBell

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Touc he'

13. jc007dt

jc007dt Guest

You left out that Gary owns NC State.

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Ummmm....you left out that 90% of the NCAA has owned State since we have had Sidney as a coach.....so don't think that Gary is something special.

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Gary williams should be thanked if he had that to do with Shaka Khan, wth has he done over the course of his career to earn the honor to coach at state. State fan should be grateful

16. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

....despite not winning anything in men's basketball in over 20 years.

17. jc007dt

jc007dt Guest

His resume will do the talking from here.

18. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

State has been in exile since 1991 so I just want to see them in the top half of the ACC and playing consistently. Before any of you fans of rivals schools mention Sendek, I'll just say you never knew what you were going to get on top of his style of playing being a detriment towards landing players that can compete at the elite level.

Sendek was notorious for beating a ranked team one week and losing three straight to teams with losing records. :banghead:

Sid was just a terrible hire from the get go. Love the guy but he wasn't a college coach suitable for any level.

Hopefully State has at least gotten a coach that can put the program on a respectable level. Lord knows it's about time.