car transport

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anyone know who to contact to ship a vehicle from Broward county FL to Johnston county NC? And about how much would it cost. Or would it be cheaper to fly down and drive the vehicle back up? Thanks Bob V

2. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

Well that county is always featured on COPS so if you wait long enough someone might just drive it up here for you in a chase :lol:

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

If my husband went down that way, we could load on back of his trailer and bring it on up here. Unfortunately, he's running up North now. There is a guy in Benson and one in Dunn that transports vehicles. Let me see if I can round up that information for you!

... Stewart Transport is the guy in Dunn; his number is 910-892-0060.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You can get a oneway air ticket to Miami for about $125.00.

Got gas, food and hotel coming back, but you could work in some R&R.

Train for about $100.00

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know, but if you're buying a vehicle online IE: Craigslist, etc, be careful.....

6. Rockyv58

Whats up is my 01 mazda is having transmission issues. Between back brakes, two tires, front end alignment, cv boot, and transmission work. It will cost about 4k to fix it all.

My brother on the other hand offered to ship up one of his leased cars to let me use it for the next two years.

I would fly down and see them and drive it back up. But to be honest I have grown to hate that 12 hour drive from Broward county to Johnston county. Driving through FL once you get out of Palm Beach county up to Jacksonville is pretty darn boring, And also driving through South Carolina. 199 miles of shear boardom. The only interesting thing in SC is the South of the Border billboards.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

AmTRASH south of DC is a punishment.

8. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

U Haul would be the best way. and you get to keep your eye on the car. It should take you a straight drive of about 12-15 hours. 20-26 if you bring a female companion.

9. mulecitybabe

mulecitybabe Member

A friend of mine's in-laws used to come up every year to visit from Florida. They didn't want to drive b/c of their age so they'd ship their car up by train. I have no idea what that might cost but it might be worth checking into.

10. Rockyv58

What you may be thinking of is the Auto Train - Lorton, VA (Washington, DC) - Sanford, FL (Orlando)

i know my father use to do that years ago before he moved to florida

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Route_C&pagename=am/Layout&cid=1241245666320