Hwy.42 Walmart vs.one at Hwy.70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Apr 12, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Which one do you like better? I once again prefer the one in Clayton,the one at 42 was nice for a while but now isn't really all that great anymore.The one in Clayton just seems to have a better selection,starting with the bakery as well as the shoe department.I used to always buy the chiabatta rolls at 42 but they discontinued them even though the location on 70 still has them :?

2. John Carr

John Carr Well-Known Member

The 40/42 Walmart seems to be often understocked, disorganized, and generally in disarray, compared to the Clayton Hwy 70 and the Smithfield stores. Sometimes displayed prices are incorrect. Various areas are dirty-i.e. spills, etc. not cleaned. The bathrooms are often dirtry. I suspect that management is lacking and not providing the leadership needed to keep the staff on the ball. I hope that Walmart corporate changes this soon.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

The one on 42 seems too dimly lit to me. But they do tend to carry the newer items before the one on Hwy. 70. I thought all Walmarts carried the same stock-not true. I cannot get the Iams Dog Treat Biscuits at the one on Hwy. 70 but can get them at the one on 42.

4. AnnetteL

I noticed that too,can get my German pickles at the one at 42 but not at 70.
    Called Walmart headquarters a couple of weeks ago and was told the same thing.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Asking which Walmart you would rather shop at is like asking which terd you want to eat.

6. AnnetteL

:lol:
    since we don't have a Harris Teeter around here or a Trader Joes Walmart will have to do,not that impressed with Lowes Foods either!

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

8. AnnetteL

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We saw a woman at Sam's the other night that would have qualified for that website. Head to toe leopard print bodysuit with her pink thong underwear showing. It was special, let me tell ya!! I dared DH to take her pic, but we didn't. :jester:

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Like this?

[​IMG]

12. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the customers at night at the one on 70 are even scummier than the customers at the one on 42, but the prices on 70 are just slightly lower than the prices at 42. Really, it just depends on where I am when I realize I need something there. Unfortunately, there is no 1 store in this area that I can get everything at...I always have to go to at least 2 stores to complete my grocery shopping.
    :banghead:

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

14. AnnetteL

Same here,hate it!

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

my sentiments exactly....

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I prefer shopping at Lowe's Foods, but I also have to watch my spending. The cat food Sheba prefers is .65 at Lowe's and .47 at Walmart, for example. Stuff like that adds up. So I do shop at both stores, and I like the ones on 70 better - both Lowe's and Walmart. For a new store, the Walmart at 40/42 seems disorganized and understocked.

17. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I prefer the one on 70 because of stock and selection. I think 42 is a always out of everything because their selection is smaller. Half the time I can't even find soap there. So now we just shop there for a few items that we need often (bagels, cream cheese, milk, soda, nuts, popcorn, juice and juice boxes, pasta, and sauces). Everything else (food) we get at BJs, Lowes, Amazon or Lees Produce. For household stuff, I typically use Amazon or shop at Target. The Walmart on 42 doesn't even have a decent battery selection.

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I like the one on 70 simply because it's bigger and Closer. I hate that drive on 42 from Clayton.

19. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I have to agree with yall about the walmart on 42. It is close to the house but does not carry the bakers blue berry pancakes my wife and son like. I can get them at the walmart on 70 and the other walmarts i've been to in the area even goldsboro but for some strange reason 42 doesn't have it.:banghead:

20. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

4042 wallyword automotive section sucks. It seems like their autocare products are always out and they also have very little selection