A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I have the best boss in the world, and I love my job. However, today they are both driving me crazy.

Is tax season over yet?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Crap crap crap!!! Gotta buy a dishwasher ..... grrrrrrr

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Must be in the water....literally.

Our water heater died last night....

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Why do people bring thier kids to work? :evil:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I brought my dog today. But my boss loves dogs and she is well behaved. :jester: We also do not have any interaction with the public. :mrgreen:

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

MINNEAPOLIS—A study published Monday in The Journal Of Child Psychology And Psychiatry has concluded that an estimated 98 percent of children under the age of 10 are
    remorseless sociopaths with little regard for anything other than their own egocentric interests and pleasures.

According to Dr. Leonard Mateo, a developmental psychologist at the University of Minnesota and lead author of the study, most
    adults are completely unaware that they could be living among callous monsters who would remorselessly exploit them to obtain
    something as insignificant as an ice cream cone or a new toy.

"The most disturbing facet of this ubiquitous childhood disorder is an utter lack of empathy," Mateo said. "These people—if you can
    even call them that—deliberately violate every social norm without ever pausing to consider how their selfish behavior might affect
    others. It's as if they have no concept of anyone but themselves."

"The depths of depravity that these tiny psychopaths are capable of reaching are really quite chilling," Mateo added.
    According to the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, a clinical diagnostic tool, sociopaths often display superficial charm, pathological lying,
    manipulative behaviors, and a grandiose sense of self-importance. After observing 700 children engaged in everyday activities, Mateo
    and his colleagues found that 684 exhibited these behaviors at a severe or profound level.

The children studied also displayed many secondary hallmarks of antisocial personality disorder, most notably poor impulse control,
    an inability to plan ahead, and a proclivity for violence—often in the form of extended tantrums—when their needs were not
    immediately met.

"Children will use any tool at their disposal to secure gratification," Mateo said. "And as soon as the desire is fulfilled, be it some material want or simply an insatiable and
    narcissistic desire for validation, they quickly become bored and lose interest in their victims, all the while thinking only of satisfying whatever their next hedonistic craving might
    be."

Mateo added that even when subjects were directly confronted with the consequences of their inexplicable behavior, they had little or no capacity for expressing guilt, other than
    insincere utterances of "sorry" that were usually coerced.

Because children are so skilled at mimicking normal human emotions and will say anything without consideration for accuracy or truth, Mateo said that people often don't realize that
    they've been exploited until it is too late. Though he maintained that anyone can fall victim to a child's egocentric behavior, Mateo warned that grandmothers were especially
    susceptible to the self- serving machinations of tiny little sociopaths.

Despite the overwhelming evidence presented in the study, its findings have been met with heavy criticism from people who associate with children on a regular basis.
    Batavia, NY resident and 38-year-old mother Mary Corcoran echoed the sentiments of many other adults who refuse to believe they are sharing their homes with merciless
    predators.

"Not my Jimmy. Just this morning, he told me I was the best mommy in the whole world," Corcoran said of her son, 5. "In fact, he's been such a sweet little boy this month that
    Santa just may bring him everything he asks for."

According to renowned child psychologist Dr. Pritha Singh, author of Born Without Souls, diagnosing preadolecents as sociopaths is primarily a theoretical interest, as the disorder is
    considered untreatable.

"We've tried behavior modification therapies, but children actually learn from our techniques and become even more adept at manipulating others while concealing their shameless
    misanthropy," Singh said. "Sadly, experience has taught us there is little hope for rehabilitation."

"Just look at the way most adults act," Singh added.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

biggest
    peeve
    e v e r!

(second to people who don't use their turn signals! ) :banghead:

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Are there any more positions there??? :)

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen: If we keep growing like we have been, you never know!

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Parents: if you're going to send your kids out to sell school stuff door-to-door, talk to them about what they should say - better yet go w/ them and teach them how to do it! :banghead:

12. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:lol: I had a kid just hand me an order form. I had no idea what she was selling.

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

She probably didn't either.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Reminds me of when my Mother had me pimping for George Wallace, and I had no idea who he was.

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like my experience. Kid rings the doorbell
    kid - wanna buy a candy bar?'
    me - who're you selling them for? (I can see the box in his hands - but gotta ask)
    kid - school
    me - well, which school?
    kid - ***** elem
    me - well, how much r they?
    kid - one dolla
    me - what kind do u have?

I mean really, it wasn't like he was shy - but they should be told how to ask/sell their products. And, it did bother me that there wasn't an adult with him - but I bought one anyway :mrgreen: boy r they a lot smaller than they used to be! :banghead:

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I keep meaning to put a jar by the door for loose $1's and such for pint size pimps that come around with the weight of the schools on their backs.

17. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

so not feelin work today, would rather be home sittin in my swing and listening to the birds sing..

18. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I have a friend on Facebook that makes and sells VERY realistic looking newborn dolls. I don't even know if I'd call them dolls. They're just creepy to me! They look too real. She does every detail down to the little veins in the skin. They're not for kids. Adults collect them and they are hundred of dollars a piece. I don't get it... :?

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My mother has one that "breathes". I think it is creepy as all hell and I chalk it up to empty nest syndrome. I don't like dolls to start with. :?

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

That makes two of us ;) I don't get it either,I think they look weird!