Keep an eye out

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HeidiB, Apr 15, 2011.

1. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Strange thing just happened....could be legit and nothing to worry about but Im not totally convinced of such.
    Lady knocks on my door at 815pm..I crack it to see who it is...shes wearing a baseball cap down close to her eyes, has a black backpack with a clear spray bottle in it...and has some cards in her hand. Asked if I had ever heard of "Advantage". I told her I was not interested...and she crosses her legs and asks if she could use the bathroom because "Im doing the potty dance". Ummm...sorry lady, Im not that stupid. I send her away and watch to see what kind of car shes driving but shes walking.
    This just happened in Lafayette Place which is off Cornwallis, near 42 (Next to Carrington Place). Again, could be totally legit but seemed odd to me.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Smart, but if I saw a spray bottle I probably would not have cracked the door. Could have been sulfuric acid in the bottle!

3. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Yikes. Dont scare me! :) Honestly, I didnt see it until I had already cracked the door. She was definetly up to something...and it sure wasnt selling anything.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Call the Johnston County Sherrif Office 911. They will check it out. Better be safe than sorry

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Agree...we've had some of the door to door people but it's always in the daytime-never at night or in the dark.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

There was a tall skinny black man wearing a white shirt and a tie walking on Mt. Pleasant Rd. when I came home from work a little after 5:00 today. We went to dinner and when we came home around 9:00 he was still walking in the dark on the same road.

7. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

We had them here in Creek side sub, today as well, the same discription tall thin black male with real long hair, there was a van full of them. the driver drops them off in a sub. then comes back later to pick them up. they are selling some spray cleaner, a neighbor called the sherrif and they confermed, they are aware of the group. they are very persistant and quite annoying, a few of my neighbors and myself told them to beat it, first in a nice way then well,in a not so nice way.! i wonder if we are aloud to post a no soliciting sign in the front of our sub. like they have in Chadbourn.

8. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Put a sign out " No trespassing " then if they show up you can have them arrested. Had that van of kids show up twice even with the sign in my yard. 1st time I was nice the 2nd time I was straight forward. One guy had to nerve to say something back and then I let into the driver to never show up again. You can never be to safe! That late at night I would have called the cops.

9. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

We live off of Cornwallis and had a very loud, joking black man knock on our door yesterday. He was selling some spray cleaner also. Very annoying and did not want to take NO for an answer. I am afraid of the door to door sales people that are very unprofessional. They may just be looking around to see what they can steal.

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That joker has been to my door too. He kept making horrible jokes about black people. I got rid of him very quickly.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

He hit my house yesterday before the storms, Buddy didn't let him get the chance to even ring the doorbell. :twisted::twisted: :lol::lol:

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

same here, had the garage door open, but the guy wouldn't ring the bell once and walked away and kept looking back at the house thinking my dogs were going to come charging out at him they were barking so loud!!! LOL...........(PS. he would have gotten bit). And my MIL who lives down the road had the bl lady come back twice and second time asked for a bottle of water which they gave her. Very annoying people. If I want to buy something I will go to the store and buy it. Ugh, i hate solicitors!!!!

13. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Sounds like the guy who went to my elderly neighbors home. He went up to my neighbor's truck and said "Let me clean this for you. My neighbor said "no thank you." He said "I'm gonna clean it anyway"....my neighbor said "no I don't want you to." The guy then said "What are you gonna do about it if I do?" My neighbor told him he needed to leave. Then the sales guy said "What are you gonna do, hang me?" My neighbor then told the guy he needed to leave NOW. The whole way down the driveway the guy kept turning around looking at my neighbor on the porch. It sort of spooked them.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That sounds scary!!! I think I posted before about one of those guys who came in my garage and knocked on the interior door of my house. I cussed him up one side and down the other. The nerve!! I'm certain they are casing houses when they do this. :banghead:

15. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

no soliciting

If you live in a subdivision check your covenants ther may be a no soliciting clause in them.

16. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

i saw a black man at the neighbors knocking at the door told him they weren't home. he wanted to come over to show me something i told him i had to leave and he went to the next house down he didn't come up my drive my son was on the porch, not one you want to mess with, giving him dirty looks.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

My 140 lb. Chesapeake Bay Retriever LOVES door-to-door salesmen. Hope they come to my neighborhood. :mrgreen:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Funny, my sister doesn't get many sales people either, she has 5 dogs and the smallest one weighs about 70, the largest 150. He was a baby compared to the one that weighed 180. :jester: The UPS man won't even knock on her door, he just throws the packages in the yard, barely slows down. LOL

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

When these people have come to your houses was every one home? I mean was the driveway full like everyone was there.. Or was it empty...? Did it LOOK like there may have been a houseful or maybe just one or two occupants...

Y'all are giving me the spooks!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We were all home, 3 cars on the driveway. They are brazen. I don't like door-to-door salespeople anyway. Makes me cranky(er). With the exception of things like volunteer fire depts or kids selling something. Grown folk, not so much. I don't want your religion, your product or your cleaners unless you made an appt. Period.