Tossed cigarette likely sparked trailer fire that killed six horses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats so terrible! I don't understand why people are so inconsiderate about tossing cigarette butts. If you have to smoke fine, but keep the butts to yourself, each and every one is a potential fire hazard! :evil:

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Some people don't think when they toss their butts out. I drive a Gasoline tanker at night and I get terrified every time i see a butt come out a window in front of me.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

shoot all smokers

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not all of them................just the ones that do stupid **** like this. :banghead:

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

that makes me sick to my stomach. again. and it makes me so freakin' mad. can you imagine those poor horses, clammering to get out, all over each other, and no where to go?

I will continue to turn in EVERY single person that I see flick a cigarette butt out the windowof a car.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I wish they wouldn't have stopped putting ashtrays in cars.....

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people just don't use an empty soda can for their butt collections and sit it in their cupholder. :?

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

When I smoked, the rare times I threw a cigarette down (once an adult ;) ) I always tried to make sure the cigarette was out. Occasionally I would throw a cigarette out the window and then think "why did I do that". Of course, this was back when cars had ash trays.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking personal responsibility for your habit, I wish more people would!!!

:cheers:

:grouphug::grouphug:

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well....I do have an empty soda can in my cupholder to use. However, occasionally it gets full, or starts to smell and I have to throw it away. Sometimes I don't happen to have an empty soda can in the car.

I'm just sayin', I wish they hadn't stopped putting ashtrays in cars. I mean, where do non-smokers keep their change now? LOL :lol:

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Smell...LOL.. it stinks anyway, how much worse can it get? :lol:

The cars I've had without ashtrays usually have a small open space in place of it. Or, I've used change holder in the armrest/center console.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

didn't know you could buy a car without an ashtray......never really thought about it honestly.

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

neither of the last 2 used cars we bought, an 01 Escape and 06 Saturn Vue had them - not a problem since we don't smoke. 8)

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Our last few have come with a metal insert that you can install. I have never taken them out of the box. I don't smoke, nor allow smoking in my car period. The last used car we bought from DH's company reeked at first. Smoking was not supposed to be allowed in the company vehicles. :ack: Took me a month and cleaning all the upholstry and carpets and headliner twice to get to get the funk out of that car plus an industrial strength deodorzer. :banghead:

This story breaks my heart.

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I guess that one of the benefits of being an ex-smoker. I can smell it but it doesn't stink. Maybe it's the brand... DH still smokes but he smokes outside. He smokes in my truck but I can't smell it like EE GADS! THERE'S BEEN A SMOKER IN MY TRUCK! :lol: He opens the window. If he didn't we'd probably all beat him over the head until he did. .. I read something once about how people thought children went to school, they smelled nasty because they came from smokers homes. I thought that was an awful thing to say. My mother smoked. It added a whole new dimension to my perspective of my childhood, as if it weren't bad enough already. I say **** them all. Buy a can of Glade and get on with your life.

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE HERE. I JUST GOT TO TYPING AND THINKING AT THE SAME TIME. :p

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a peeve of mine, a big one. I can love the smoker, but not the smoke and all that it entails. I wouldn't even date anyone who smoked and here is why. I have begged my mother since I was old enough to talk to quit, but she won't. I want her around for as long as possible, but she won't. I'd like to see her see her own great-grandchildren, but she probably won't. Her husband who smoked just literally dropped dead of a heart attack 2 months ago at the ripe old age of 55, but she is STILL smoking. I JUST DON'T GET IT!! I know it's her body and her choice, but it seems as though it would be a no-brainer and it breaks my heart. :cry:

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My Mom quit because she got mad at the price of cigarettes going up. She wanted to show them she wasn't going to pay their prices! With an attitude! DH has tried to quit on several occasions. He's going to give it another shot this summer when we go on vacation. He believes being in the relaxing atmosphere of the beach will help. But that won't be until July. He has a stack of patches ready to go.

I quit because they told me to quit or die! I haven't touched one since! lol