Roll Call...Everyone accounted for?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PirateGirl, Apr 16, 2011.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

All is well here,did loose power for about 12 hours or so,since we dodged the tornadoes I wonder what caused the power outage :?
    After watching the morning news I feel very fortunate that power is all we lost!

2. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Family in both St.Louis and Chicago called to check in - they'd heard about it on the news while it was happening yesterday.

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We are okay in town of Benson, but others south towards Meadow got hit very hard. After the storm passed, my oldest son and I rode to check on my sister-in-law. We took another way home and road after road was blocked either by trees or police, so, we ended up having to go through Dunn to get back home. Praying for those who have suffered loss in any way!

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Spoke to my mom in West Palm Beach FL and she had not even heard about it

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We're good here, it doesn't look like we had much damage outside other than the usual tree limbs and branches that came down. We haven't ventured out yet this morning.

6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

First of all, I thank God that we had no damage!! We did lose power from about 3:30 yda to about 1:15 AM. We had calls from family in Montana and Alaska to check on us during the storm. Was funny they could tell me all that was going on and of course I didn't know. To those of you who have done away with your land lines for phone service. It was nice to have a plug in phone and a land line!!
    My prayers for all who lost loved ones or their what they have worked for.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We are ok. No power outage which was weird usually the power goes out if the suns out. :? No damage thank god

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Not a blade of grass out of place here. We were in Chapel Hill with a wedding. One of the guests said that his aunt's home was demolished, but that the family was ok.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Thank the Good Lord all is ok here near the DR Wells Store. My prayers to all.

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

OK, here.

Parts of my hometown were hit really bad. Mom & step-dad are ok, but without power. Still waiting to here from old HS buddies about their parents that still live there. Subdivision called Montclaire that I use to hang out in is really bad. It's about the size of Broadmoor and hardly a house in it went undamaged... some totally gone. :cry:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

All ok here... sad for those who are not.

12. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

All okay here in Shadow Lakes...
    I feel so much for those who were not so fortunate.
    I know there was a lot of damage about 5 miles from where I work in garner.

Thoughts and prayers to all who sustained damage and loss! :grouphug:

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

We are ok, but my heart goes out to those who are not. My husband got calls yesterday from people with trees in their living rooms! I can't imagine. It made me shut up about the stupid stuff I've been complaining about lately.

14. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I was in smithfield at south Johnson high school doing sound for a beauty pageant. lost power, huge hail, big wind but that's about it.

15. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

we are good in Archer Lodge, but keep those firefighters and ems workers in your prayers. So much damage in dh's fire district its awful and a couple of FF's had severe damage and even loss of their homes!!

16. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Okay here. A few small tree limbs fell but that's about it.

17. elims

elims Well-Known Member

And we apparently made INTERNATIONAL news ... heard from someone in England, checking in to make sure everyone was ok - had heard reports of deaths in NC due to tornado damage.

Thankful for everyone's health and safety!!!

18. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

AMEN!! Makes my worries seem very insignificant! I just cannot imagine losing my home and all my belongings. I've been sick all week but went to church even though I was still feeling bad to THANK GOD for protecting us.

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

We all get wrapped up in our own problems and think they are so over whelming. Then something like this happens to put things back in proportion. Things we thought were so important and huge become so small in insignificant.

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

You are SO right, Rocky. DH and I have talked all day about how fortunate we were to be spared as well as in everyday life.