Call for help to my fellow couponers!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Apr 18, 2011.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I would like to get up some donations to take to some of the tornado victims in my old neighborhood in Raleigh and to the Stonybrook Mobile Home Park victims. I know that a lot of us usually have a pretty good stockpile of items, especially toiletries and paper products, on hand.

There were also some very good coupons in yesterdays paper that could net you some free or very cheap items.

I would be more than happy to meet you somewhere in the 40/42 area to pick up your items. I would like to take a load to the victims as early as Wednesday or Thursday. I can make another trip over the weekend if needed.

I've been reading on the internet and some of the items that I know of that are needed in Stonybrook are childrens clothes, shoes, 3T-4T undies, pull ups, trash bags, toiletries, bottled water, diapers, wipes, paper towels, cleaning suppiles, feminine products, etc. Just think of the things you would need if you found yourself in their situation. Also, I'm sure cat and dog food would be appreciated.

Please contact me here or via PM if you are willing/able to help. Thank you!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've got this stack of q-pons on my desk with your name on them. Let me know when you want them.

3. michelle

Slight change of plans - It turns out that the Garner United Methodist Church is not only a shelter for tornado victims, but they are taking up donations of clothing and toiletries as well. The church is practically next to where I work so I will be dropping off items tomorrow.

Please pm me if you have items to donate today.

Thank you all and thanks to Kell Bell who is volunteering at the shelter today!

4. michelle

Are you coming towards Garner anytime later this week? I don't have my stack for you with me today but I can bring them any other day this week.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I hadn't planned to. Unless something changes.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HG, can you leave them at my house? She's coming by tonight to pick up some little people clothes...