Best way to clean shower

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Allioop, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Ha! I haven't tried the beer thing yet! Barkeeper's Friend is a good idea. I've never tried that.

2. Allioop

I just saw in an article online that you can use a wet dryer sheet to get the soap scum off shower doors. Hmmm... I might give that a try.

3. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

I use Greased Lightning...I spray it on and let it soak for a minute then take a sponge with a soft brillo pad side and wipe up...works everytime for me...hope this helps!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, Greased Lightning is a good choice too.

5. kansascon

kansascon Well-Known Member

Try Krud Kutter. I found it at Lowe's Home Improvement and it works great!

6. Allioop

Cool! I'll check it out. I tried Arm and Hammer Scrub Free (someone here suggested) and it worked better than most things I've tried but some of the stains are so stubborn.

I will also check out Greased Lightning. I see that all the time,but have never bought it!

Oh, and the dryer sheet on to remove soap scum idea that I found...I didn't think it worked very well. It just made my bathroom smell like a laudromat.:lol:

7. Cleopatra

What kind of stains are you seeing, maybe you need some CLR.

8. Allioop

Didn't think about that... It's definitely not rust. They are kind of grayish stains. I think I just need to put some more elbow grease into it. Last week I made more progress than usual but I was sweatin'! :lol:

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

an angle grinder and crest toothpaste.

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have seen that in the boys' shower over the last week or two. Never seen the gray before. I wondered if the county was doing something different with the water treatment. I know they were planning to run chlorine without ammonia for a while. Maybe that is part of it?? In any case, comet and/or clorox cleanup usually do the job at my house. I hate cleaning the shower!!

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Tried Mrs.Meyer's scouring powder for the first time,I really like it,does a better job than Ajax and smells better!!

12. Cleopatra

I love Mrs Myer's, I use her dish soap. :cool:

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I HATE our shower to DEATH! Sometimes I wish it would just fall through the floor boards. :lol:

1st Bleach
    2nd Soft Scrub with Bleach
    3rd CLR & a BLUE SOS pad :oops: mmmm.... yeah.
    Next TNT :lol:

Sides and glass are good 2 go but the bottom not so much. Oh and its a fiberglass shower with glass door.

Help me.

14. AnnetteL

Do you know if you can get the Tub&Shower spray by Mrs. Meyer's locally?
    I didn't see it at Walmart.
    Thanks!

15. AnnetteL

I feel your pain! CLR never did anything for our bathroom either.
    Fiberglass sucks!! We've got a fiberglass tub and surround,if it was smooth it might (??) even be ok but instead it's textured or something,perfect place for the dirt to cling to,what Man designed this crap :ack:??Whoever it was they must have never cleaned a bathroom in their lives!

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, the bottom is textured. DH normally cleans the shower but you know how we women CLEAN! :lol:
    Lastly I used baking soda and that helped but since I put so much **** on there I don't know? :lol::lol:
    It's still not perfect but it's close enough.

I'll check into the spray you mentioned next time I'm out and about. Thanks

17. Allioop

Ours is textured too which is why I think it's worse to try to clean. So far, that Arm and Hammer Scrub Free has worked the best for me.

18. Allioop

I have never tried this. I'll have to check it out.

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

ours is textured too, I use the MR Clean Magic Eraser - works pretty good!

20. Cleopatra

I have never used it, only the dish soap which I get at Lowe's.