No respect

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kevinsmithii, Apr 23, 2011.

1. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Do people have no respect for others any more? The trash site is closed today Sat. 4/23 for the holiday weekend and someone has thrown trash over the fence at the Barber Mill rd site. This is a kin to going into a store when it is closed and taking what you want. Do they not care or think about who is going to have to pick up all that trash.

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

rhetorical question, right?

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Sadly, that seems to be the case more often than not these days. Maybe when the attendant opens on Monday, they will find a piece of mail with a name/address. If so, I would hope the person could be charged with illegal dumping or littering or something to that effect.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:cheers::hurray:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I saw it after we left the Strawberry Festival ans commented to my wife that "I hope they do an Arlo on them".

8 by 10 color glossies and all!

6. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Johnston county is the worse for littering!! Also, roadside signs!! I've never seen so much litter and they need to inforce the law!! I think the signs are okay BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE TO REMOVE THEM as well as put them on every corner!!!!!! I hope they find some mail to identify those mentioned and throw the book at them. Truly disgusting.

7. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

"Johnston county is the worse for littering!!"

I agree. It's all the irresponsible pick-up drivers. When I am dropping off garbage and trash at the trash site, I see people pull up in pick-ups and then they start picking through the loose trash in the back. You know that some of that has to blow out of the back. Some of the "service" trucks on I-40 are just as bad.

8. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Johnston County's trash sites are closed way too much. Wake County has their trash sites open 7 days a week, and they are free; you pay to use the trash sites in JC and they are closed way too much. At times I have thought about doing the same thing, especially when they decided to close early.

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:jester: I whole-heartedly agree!!

"Kid,

we found your name on an envelope at the bottom of a half a ton of

garbage, and just wanted to know if you had any information about it." And

I said, "Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope

under that garbage."

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

We went to the container site yesterday, thinking they were probably closed on Good Friday, but found them closed instead. I had a pick up full of garbage because we've been doing some spring cleaning and renovations. We didn't throw it over the fence, we drove a few more miles and went to the landfill, which was open. Pretty simple solution in my mind. I didnt think about throwing it over the fence at the time, but I could have saved a gallon of gas.

Sometimes I wish I could do things like that. Just think of the money I could save being irresponsible.

11. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

wish I had known the landfill was open, have a load of garbage in the truck ready to go...

12. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I saw that too, people are slobs and care nothing about anything except themselves.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

My trunk of my car is loaded with trash. I wish I knew where the landfill is. I guess I will just go Tuesday to take my trash over to Barber Mill.

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

we thought it might be closed Fri too, but then I checked the website. but I agree, it probably would've been a better choice to have been closed Fri or Mon instead of Sat, cause thats probably the busiest day for trash drop-off.

15. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I think the point was you should know where the landfill is so you can go there if the mini-dump is closed. It is, afterall, a pretty simple solution.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The landfill is off 210 about half way between Smithfield and I-40.

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Hours/holiday schedule/map/etc:

http://www.johnstonnc.com/recycling/landfill.cfm

We have been a few times recently to dispose of large items (futon mattress/old carpeting). Cheap way to dispose of things that the trash guy won't accept!!

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Someone who was going to the dump over the weekend lost a few boxes in front of our house DH picked them up today and put them with our trash that's ready for pick up today.

Oh and if I SEE the person(s) who keep throwng GLASS bottles out I'm gonna go postal. Seriously.

Litter bugs :boxing::boxing: