2011 STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 23, 2011.

1. me&them

me&them Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me where the best place to park is?

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Food Lion parking lot if you can find a space.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

DH and I are really big fans of Lizard Lick Towing!!! I am thrilled that they will be there!!! Yeah!!! Starting at 10 am they will be there to sign autographs and sell their tee shirts and stuff.
    Did you know that Ron Shirley is a ordained Minister?
    Did you know that Amy Shirley was a professional body builder?
    Did you know that Bobby has 7 kids?

This is what staying home, reading facebook pages does for you.

4. Jason

Jason Member

Amy is also a licensed mortician!

5. Jason

Jason Member

I think the wrist bands are for $25 for the first, not too sure about the second (probably $15- $20), but it will be at a discounted price to help the families with multiple children. We are planning on giving out a 2011 Strawberry Festival t-shirt with each wrist band purchase. Lizard Lick Towing will be there NO later than 11, but will probably be there earlier. We visited with them yesterday, and they are looking forward to coming out. They said they will be there with their smiles on! I guess so, after spending Friday with Dale Earnhardt Jr! They will be in the Clubhouse Parking lot along with the Show cars, and Nationwide Insurance (Racing simulator, and Nascar show Car), and Rush hour Karting.

6. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the cost for the kids to bounce on the inflatables will be? Is that what the wristband is for?

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Who's going?
    I've never been :oops:

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

All the years you have been here you never went?

Does anyone know if they are going to have the southland car club there this year?

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We just got home from there and it sucked in my opinion. There were a few vendors selling jewelry, etc. but for the most part it was just local businesses set up giving away bags, etc. This is the first time I've been in years and I can say that I won't be going back.

But, I did get to see the Lizard Lick Towing folks. Bobby is even cuter in person!

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I was channel surfing last night and ran across LLT repo-ing a car in Johnston County. I swear we do not need that kind of publicity. We get it bad enough here as it is!! That girl did nothing to make us look any more intelligent here "in the sticks". It was funny though!:jester:

11. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

He is a big guy but STILL CUTE!!!!!!!!

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I didn't see them because there was about hmmm....5000 freakin' people in a SMALL space. We had to park behind BB&T...we def got our exercise. The grilled PB&J was yummy. We shared it 4 ways because we were testing out several other things. Kaci, good to see ya girl and if I had thought about it, we could have just picked up your little car and got you out! 8)

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. When I think of a festival, I didn't imagine all the local businesses. I was thinking more fun stuff. :lol:We stayed for about half an hour.

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Well I didn't go out of town :jester: and went to the festival. Picked up some wonderful strawberries from Smith's and have them all sliced and chilling down for breakfast tomorrow.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

17. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Went for the first time yesterday. I was not impressed and will not go again..but now I can say I have been :)

18. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We go every year, Love it! I just wish there was more parking available. Finding a parking place is a challenge and forget about parking and shopping at Food Lion for groceries during the festival, but it is only 1 day a year for a few hours... But we still have a good time every year.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Seemed more like a business expo to me . . .

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member