He is Risen!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Apr 23, 2011.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray:

Thanks!

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:hurray:

3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Lir lady. We are saying the same thing.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

word

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If this was directed at me, and I don't know many other Hughs, where have I done this? Or are you doing a Senator Kyl or a Tom Servo and just making crap up?

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

As unaccustomed as I am agreeing with Hughey, I believe he has defined himself as agnostic.....which isn't to say he hates any God.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

10. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I like that song too. It reminds me that for those of us with faith in Him, He will never let us go.

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Well hers isn't filled with ignorance, so its not the same thing.

12. KellBell

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

14. KellBell

oops! :oops: while I do read all posts, I don't always click on the vids. my bad.

but it's good enough to post twice. :mrgreen:

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Im going to ask this on the other thread that was started but it seems appropriate to post here too. Is the word agnostic being used properly here?? Do I not understand the definition of agnostic? I have never seen the word agnostic defined as someone who doesn't believe specifically in Christ.

Definition of AGNOSTIC
    : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

The difference between the words "agnostic" and "atheist" have often confused me too. I read this and it sort of makes more sense to me now.

Some people use the terms of atheist or agnostic interchangeably. How much difference is there, really between an atheist and an agnostic? Actually there is some difference. The atheist is not in search of spiritual meaning through finding proof of a god. The agnostic may, on the other hand, be looking for proof, or may be open to the proofs or faith people use to define god.

Bottom line is I have a relationship with my God. I don't think my God cares if I define myself with any label.

DB's wife

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Hughey can probably answer better than me here but I think agnostic is to say one isn't quite sure what to believe and is open to all interpretations including the idea there is no God.

Atheists believe there is no God, period.

That is my interpretation anyway....feel free to correct me.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That is my interpretation.

I am open to the possibility of a God, and depending on how an individual defines God I am currently either a firm believer or an atheist.

My Minister defines himself as an Evangelical Agnostic, he is actively seeking a god.

Me not so much.

18. ServerSnapper

It sounds like a divine contradiction on your pastors part. Who would waste time listening to someone who simply does not know? WHy waste time? I can take him somewhere right now and prove EVIL exists! I can guarantee I can make him turn four shades of white in less than ten minutes. I know I can prove the DEVIL exist and DEMONS! I can GUARANTEE proof of EVIL.

Then my question would be. If the Devil is real, and Demons are real.......What does that mean about God? If you think I am posting to just poke you are wrong. I am being very serious and sincere.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It is your opinion that he is wasting his time, not his or mine.

I live about as sin free a life style as you can imagine (well except for the gluttony part), and have taken a number of quizzes in the past that thought I was or should be a preacher.

Regarding your life and faith I feel that if you can look at the world in such clear black and white tones and sleep at night I am happy for you.

I and many people I know can live a life without what I would call evil, often times refereed to as living the Christian ideal, without needing the carrot of an afterlife in heaven dangled in front of us.

I applaud all people, regardless of faith, who do the right thing.

In short . . .

Mean People Suck! :cheers:

20. ServerSnapper

I have seen and experienced things I can't explain through paranormal research. Most still have me baffled and abandoned. I have been scared to my wits end because of an encounter with a demon during an investigation. The aftermath left a young girl scarred for life. A house that has been abandoned and desecrated. I was left emotionally drained, scared, helpless, and my faith renewed.