Viewing this site with a Droid

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CanisLupis, Apr 26, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

For those that have a Droid and view this site, are you experiencing problems of the web shutting down on you? I just got my Droid over the weekend and for whatever reason, when I view this site and this site only, the web closes with no warning.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.....any help is appreciated.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Mine shuts down too. This is the only site where it occurs. Someone in another thread mentioned that they downloaded a different browser and it worked. I think that thread was in the PC section. I don't know, I just stopped trying.

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Good to know

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I can understand that, but I actually prefer Skyfire now, it also carried over all my bookmarks.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

actually i got a message on my phone saying that Sprint was having some problems with certain types and to call Sprint when you have a problem. i never called them but on the last update i did it fixed itself.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Is there a way to manually purge an update for the Droid....or do you just call Sarah and have her connect you?

[​IMG]

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing, I am no help. :mrgreen:

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

For those with Droids who have experienced this problem... does the issue occur on any part of the site, or, just in the forums? 8)

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

The forums....but then again that's all I visit. :oops:

11. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

As far as I know it's just in the forums. There must be some sort of update or refresh going on that causes it because two droid users can hit the forum and be booted at the exact same time.

12. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Ah ha! Ok....that bit of info may put us on the right track. We have just made an edit to the forums setup...if the Droid's in the crowd could test again and let us know if it is now working properly, that would be helpful. Thanks! 8)

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just surfed about 5 minutes straight with no issues using the Google Droid Browser.

14. ncgal

ncgal Well-Known Member

I have been having the same problem on my Droid. I just checked in again and I am able to view it with no problems. Thanks!!!!!

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Working now....thanks!

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Works for me now too....wait, I'm on my laptop....never mind.

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Using my Droid this time. Works like a champ. Thanks!

18. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Thanks to you all for testing with the Droids....I think we've got it fixed fer' sure now! And to Hugh... sorry we weren't able to get this the first time you reported it... now that we know what was causing the issue, it makes sense.

Psssst! For those with Droids who are feeling especially adventurous.... search the Droid Market for "4042.com" and give our new app a try. (Yes... the iPhone app is ready also.)

Thanks again! 8)

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

just checked it out....is it just the music?

20. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Thanks for trying it out...

Version 1 of the app is the 4042.com Radio stream, links to the main site and Face Book page, and contact (e-mail). With this first version the emphasis is on the audio stream (as this is the way the industry is headed in a big way). On the drawing board for the next releases... mobile specific versions for the forums, classifieds, business directory, etc....plus mobile specific features which are top secret at this time and we would have to kill you if we told you. 8)