I hate this weather...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Apr 28, 2011.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm a WRECK!

I hate lightning, I hate thunderstorms, I hate tornado watches/warnings and I would hate to see an actual tornado, I'd be dead from a heart attack.

Everyone please be safe. I Love ya'll :grouphug:

2. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

I hate that I left the can out on the street for the trash man to pick up this mornin'. It's probably somewhere near Selma by now.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I can handle the weather as long as it stays outside.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I hate power outages,ours went out after the storm had already passed,just like the last time :x ,several hours later it's back on again,for now at least...When will all the darn lines finally be put underground??
    The last place that I saw that had as many overground powerlines as here was in the countryside of Poland and that was more than 30 years ago. Oh,better click on 'submit' real quick before the power goes out yet again!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You and me both... and I'm in a double-wide job trailer!!

:shock: :cuss: :? :evil:

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

So am I, Tassy! The rain on this tin roof makes me want to take a nap.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just found out 7 were killed near my hometown in VA last night. I swear, I don't know what is going on with these storms. We never have tornados there due to the mtns and this is the second set in two weeks up there. :confused: Praying for all those affected.

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I saw on the news today that the number of fatalities due to tornados whole year last year was only in the double digits and this most recent band of storms has killed over 250 people in ONE DAY! That just sounds unbelievable.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Talked to my Mom in VA and they just had bad storms where she lives but a woman was killed near my grandparent's farm - tornados in VA were pretty much unheard of when i was growing up there like you said:confused:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's really freakish, that is for sure. :cry:

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Actually, I find such weather exciting. Don't get me wrong, though. I don't like the destructiveness and deadly consequences of it, but I could easily see myself being one of those storm chasers.

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I saw on the news that May is peak tornado season. I hate it too. Seems like it's more of a summer thing. For years I've kept a permanent spot open in my closet to get me and the kids into if one were to come up. There is a radio and flashlight in there too. For a few summers I had books and games stored in there. LOL It sounds big but all cleaned out and empty it's big enough to cram maybe two adults in, standing. Now that the kids are bigger I don't know where we'd if a tornado came up. When they were little I'd stand and they'd crouch on their knees. Our house is an open floor plan. There's no place to get into. I so so so wish we had a basement! Or at least a descent closet. :neutral: