Faith vs Religion (Religious)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Apr 25, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

It's amazing to me that despite hundreds of wars fought throughout history over religion, there are still folks on here who think he/she can convince the others there is a God.

I love watching the likes of Harvey get their collective panties in a wad when someone questions their skepticism only to see them pose the same cynicism back at the believers.

It will all get sorted out....and I know which side I'd rather be on when the whistle blows. If they don't want to get on board, then so be it.

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love this! I saw this on Christian church's website. It is listed as one of their beliefs:

Our souls prosper when we exercise Jesus-like love and acceptance toward all people, all races, and all religions. We strive not to create a culture of judgment, but instead foster a family of support, grace, and spiritual growth. When we get things wrong ourselves, we are forgiven by God. We can do nothing less for one another and for the world around us.

I think that culture of judgment is what turns so many people off from some Christian church and some Christians. God's grace and mercy for us is limitless. What a concept for us to forgive and show mercy to each other through "Jesus-like love!"

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

What ONE church can I go to to have this taught to my children?

4. Allioop

Unfortunately it's not in Johnston County. It's in North Raleigh. My mom goes there. It's North Raleigh Community Church. I've visited before, and it takes me about 30 mintues to get there. They are very unconventional, but for me, very refreshing. You can google them. They explain very well on their website what they are all about.

If I had to explain this church, they are definitely Christian, but kind of think "outside the box."

We don’t focus very much on dogma or creed. We are unquestioningly Christian, but we don’t make it a requirement to believe a certain way to belong here. Our heart is non-denominational, emerging, accepting, and embracing of all.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Sounds like a bunch of hippies 8)

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I believe in so many things and yet don't know what I believe at all. I guess I'm a walking contradiction. It's all so confusing.

7. Allioop

I might be a hippy then. :lol: I'm not saying this church is for everyone. It's just closest to what I've always believed. I personally believe I can learn something from all different denominations. As long as the Holy Spirit guides us, we can't go wrong!

8. Allioop

You are not alone. Aren't we all walking contradictions?... and it's not always a bad thing. We are still learning and growing.

Hey, didn't Johnny Cash say he was a walking contradiciton too? :lol:

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Don't drag The Man in Black into this.....

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Like your location. Does that mean only the Devil cares where you are?

11. Allioop

He's a walking condradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. :) He walks the line but keeps a close watch that heart of his. He shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. :lol: Sorry, this thread is way off topic now. I love Johnny Cash!

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I know, right? My 9 year old loves this song. It cracks me up to hear him sing, "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die" in his best deep Johnny Cash voice.

DB's wife

13. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

No....but if anyone starts tearing down Cash I might go ballistic. 8)

14. Allioop

Famous people I will never tear down... Cash, Elvis, Al Pacino and Jesus. :lol:

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Is Jesus a referee or a train? I don't get it.

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Who knew?

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

DOn't get your victoria secret panties in a wad.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I wonder is Osama got his 40 virgins

:jester:

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

He got 41 full metal jackets!