A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

^^^^
    Yep, what he said! I'll check out the pictures.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i'm with Kell but i didn't get up till 5am to start watching, had it DVR'd so just fast forwarded through a lot of the commentary & commercials in the first hour and caught up - it was so beautiful and such a fairy tale come true for all the little girls who grow up hoping to be a princess. i too kept thinking about Diana looking down and how proud she must be.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I started watching around 5am,can't remember seeing any commercials,at least not on ABC.
    It was a nice ceremony and they got lucky with the weather!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it was mostly commentary i fastforwarded through the first hour but they took like a break at 4:30 and went local with a few commercials but the first hour was basically just everyone talking about what was going to happen and showing all the crowds, etc. After the first hour there were very few breaks till the ceremony was over.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Curious.. what do they estimate was the head count of the people that showed up? I know they say 2 billion by tv..er satellite.. whatever

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that.

:cheers:

[​IMG]

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And here we go! More fun and games. DH is having a knee ACL reconstruction in the fall. :banghead:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

lmao, love it:cheers:
    (had to pull it up on my phone to see the pic, can't see nuthin from work)

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

bummer but at least you know when now - tell him to be careful all summer

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

IT'S FREAKING BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Frozen Shrimp and Tomater sandwich for lunch! Got enough for two if ya'll interested.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

yeah, the ortho wanted to know if he wanted a $1000 knee brace made until then...............uh NO! He's just gonna have to watch his step. :jester:

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Ouch... MIL needs one.. a replacement. Probably a brace too. I've seen her pain. Hope his summer isn't too hindered and not too painful. And hope you don't have to play handmaid too long after surgery! :cheers:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He's putting it off til after summer since there are so many camping trips with the Scouts already scheduled. It's "just" ACL reconstruction, so he should be better than new within a few months. Knee replacement is a whole nother kettle of fish. MIL has had one and so has my Grandmother, both had excellent results though. Tell your MIL my GM was 78 and within 6 weeks, she was back to normal, pretty much. She wishes she had done it sooner :cheers:

My mom has to have the knee replacement too, but they are still waiting on more healing from that accident, she still doesn't have enough bone for the knee to attach to. <shiver>

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Actually it's only 5 oclock somewhere at the top of every hour. :boxing::cheers:

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Had knee surgery a couple of years ago for a torn menescus. Wasn't too bad of a recovery, but still have knee pain now due to having degenerative arthritis in that same knee.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There is a minor tear in the meniscus too, but apprently he has been without an ACL for a long time, that is what has caused the meniscus tear. That's why he's going to go ahead with the surgery, there will be more and more damage to the knee as time goes on and arthritis is a given then.

Who did your surgery? Glad you had a good recovery other than the arthritis.....

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

my hubby tore his ACL and MCL....complete blow out. His physician/surgeon was Dr. Calloway at Raleigh Orthopaedics. When my son broke his arm, I went back to this practice because of the outstanding care hubby had.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I'd much rather be sitting outside somewhere having a cocktail.....

just sayin'