A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's who I had and knowing that he had been the staff orthopaedist for the Wolfpack, Hurricanes, and another pro team or two as well as being a teaching surgeon, made me feel better about him doing the work.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i second that :cheers:

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

As would I, but at least I was able to roll to lunch with the top down. 1/2 lbs. burrito and 10 hot wings. Odd mix for lunch.....but oh so good.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same practice then, but DH is seeing Dr. Smith. According to his bio he is also a team physician for NC State University football team, a Garner HS football team and the Carolina Ballet, LOL. I reckon he will do in a pinch. :cheers: He'a also an ex prof football player. BIG guy! And I just now saw that he was a surgery instructor at NC State too from 92-08. I think it will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

6. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I'm with ya on this!!

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a bad one in this practice. Your hubby will be in good hands. Hubby is back to triathlon'n, running, cycling (up mt. mitchell last weekend the nut) and everything in between as good, if not better than ever. He refers to the "new" knee as his bionic knee. :mrgreen:

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I understand being proud of your kids, but constantly bragging about them on Facebook is annoying! :lol: I have a "friend" who takes pictures of ALL of her son's awards and posts them, makes sure we know he has the highest grades in his class, posts videos of teachers giving him the awards, and (not sure why this is brag-worthy) wants everyone to know he has been tap dancing for 7 years. (He's 10 years old) lol!

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That is a friend I would probably hide. I love my kids. I am proud of both of them to the nth degree, but I think it is sufficient to tell them that and let the world figure it out for themselves...most of the time. 8) Yes, I am guilty of it now and then for big life milestone stuff, but that lady sounds like a nut.:mrgreen:

10. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Nothin' like being greeted by a slobbering, hyper, jump up and down, 80-lb. dog in the morning! This weather has him cranked up!

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah! I like to brag on my kids too sometimes! We should be proud of our young-uns. Some people, like that friend, take it to the extreme. That's when it gets annoying. Of course, that same friend sends everyone they know a "brag" letter every Christmas listing the accomplishments of everyone in the house. You would laugh at what they consider accomplishments too. Like passing a crafts class at the art supply store. I didn't even know there was a grade for that! :lol:

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

how do you "hide" people on facebook....there's a couple id like to "hide"

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

easy. just hover your cursor over one of their posts in your news feed. a small X will appear in the upper right hand corner of the post. click it. mulitple options open including "hide this post" and "hide all by XXXX". you could also always just click on their name and go their wall. on the left underneath their profile photo, you should see an option to "unfriend"...

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

thanks

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Seriously beautiful Saturday!! Looking forward to a repeat today!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  16. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

:cry: tired of so much, here lately!!

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

On 4042 or life in general?

If it is life in general there will be better days! Hang in there!

If it is 4042, well we both know better! 8)

18. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I bought a Dyson vacuum today! Found it last night on craigslist. A young guy won it in a drawing and asked for a little more than half of retail price. Still sealed in the box with a 5 year warranty, and my old vac just died! Yay me!!! :hurray:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Life insurance companies. :banghead:

20. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

the lady up at the post office isn't the friendliest of people, eh? :shock: