Does anybody know?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Apr 26, 2011.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Anyone have any ideas of who I can contact that will donate either paper products (take out trays, napkins, etc) or actual product (noodles, meat, sauce, drinks) for a spaghetti dinner that the WJHS HOSA kids are having?

I've already called BJ's and Sam's club.

Thanks!

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

For your paper products contact the Paper Co in Clayton they are usually great about donating iteams. For your pasta stuff try Mulberry on Main, believe it or not they are very pro-school when its comes to fundraisers and they may be able to help you!!

3. JenniferK

Paper Company says they would like to help, but just can't this time.

And Mulbury on Main is already donating sauce for 50 people! Woot! Woot!

Thanks for the suggestions though, I really appreciate it!

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Smithfields or BoJangles for Tea and cups

Starbucks will sometimes do coffee as well as Dunkin

Also dont hesitate to call local businesses and ask for cash donations to buy what you need..

Also try Food Town and Food Lion

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

check with Lowe's Foods here at 42/50, they have been very generous in the past for fundraisers.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

try 2 cousins pipzza place for more donations for your food items. they help me out every single time I ask for PTA food donations. Love them!

7. JenniferK

Ok...Faxed BoJ's, per their request. Emailed Smithfields...

Two Cousins has already been contacted and is supposed to get back to us.

Will try the other places in a few...I'm at work, so I better actually do some, lol...

Thanks guys!

Oh, and by the way...

Spaghetti Dinner with 50/50 raffle, basket auctions, etc this Saturday at Holy Cross Lutheran Church on 42. Eat in or take out. 3p-9p

Some of the baskets are to die for!

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

What is HOSA?

9. JenniferK

Health Occupations Students of America. It's a club that focuses on leadership, health care career skills, and community outreach.

10. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Wendy's will usually donate napkins and utensils. You could also check with costco on plates, cups etc.

11. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Food Lion, at 40/42 will no doubt help in some way. Ask for Amber, in the front end office. She is very active in the fund raising projects. A great lady! :hurray:

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

In the past McDonald's has donated cups for different things and Walmart had given gift cards.

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

oo oo I got cups donated by Five guys one time- with lids

14. JenniferK

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you all for your wonderful suggestions!

I can't report on all of them, because some of the other parents have been making phone calls and sending emails too, and I am not yet sure what has panned out and what hasn't.

However, if you're looking for something to do on Saturday...

The WJHS HOSA team will be hosting a spaghetti dinner on Saturday from 4pm until 8pm at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church on Hwy 42 (near the new Johnston Memorial Hospital Complex).

Plates are $6 each, dine in or take out. There will be a drive thru available as well. We will also have a cake walk, snack walk for the kids, 50/50 Raffle, and a basket auction.

These kids have worked really hard to get invited to CA for the National Conference, so please come out and support them!

15. JenniferK

I just wanted to follow up and let you all know how it went. That, and I am proud to be a Mama of a West student today.

They raised about $1000 at the spaghetti dinner Saturday.

However, the family whose home burned down on Saturday, well, the daughter is a member of HOSA. She isn't going to CA with the kids, but she's a member.

At the end of the night, these kids took their fundraising money, and handed her $400 in cash. They helped one of their own before they helped themselves. I am utterly proud and humbled by their act and I thought the community should know about it.

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

HOW AWESOME!! :hurray: