Bin Laden is DEAD!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, May 1, 2011.

1. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I was at Wrightsville beach this weekend and on Fri we saw several large helicopters and a few planes flying up the coastline - I wonder if they were headed over there?

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

doubt it

4. bandmom

Seems they gave him the opportunity to surrender - but evidently, he didn't accept it.

At first, bin Laden was asked to surrender. But a military official said he resisted. In the end, he was killed in the ensuing firefight with a bullet to the head. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/02/bin-laden-killed-cia-led-seals-team-death-hailed-blow-al-qaeda/

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Helicopters would have been flown over in the belly of a C-5 Galaxy. Probably not extending so far as Wilmington, but I did read where Robin Sage will be going on at Fort Bragg, so there may be some increased military air traffic...especially at night.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Release the photo and plaster it EVERYWHERE!!

7. bandmom

this was posted on a friends FB, liked it so much - had to share it here too!

Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist this world does keep...with all my heart I give my thanks...to those in uniform regardless of ranks...you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell...so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust....Amen. :hurray:

8. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I really wished we could have got him while Bush was president. I had this weird feeling towards the end of his term that it was about it happen. It was odd. It wasn't because I support Bush or not (that's beside the point) it would have been...I don't know...somehow closure to his term or maybe I felt he deserved the glory. I would have felt for anyone who was president on that day.

What's important is that the USA got him. We will have to see how much difference it really makes in the war on terror. I think for most Americans getting him was the revenge we wanted and it offers some closure. I feel the closure but it's not as comforting as I thought it would be. I work for American Airlines. I lost co-workers that day. I lost several co-workers since then who couldn't shake the experience of that day. I have worked there for 20 years. The joy of travelling by air is gone. That sounds so trite but unless you work for an airline you really have no idea how drastically our business has changed forever.

-DB's wife

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Looks like Gitmo served its purpose afterall.

10. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

:cheers:

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Not all...someone on FB posted this morning...

"Yay USA! Mindless patriotic savagery!"

I actually love this girl (she's family), but sad that she had to post that.

12. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I think some people don't realize that Osama was responsible for leading more than the 9/11 attacks. Up until his death, he continued to lead attacks on other countries and attempted attacks on the US. The search and killing of Bin Laden wasn't just about revenge; it was about eliminating the leader of a large terrorist organization who continued to add to the number of deaths to the thousands and thousands of people killed by his organization around the world. People who say things like this must be incredibly detached and unable to sympathize with the people who have lost loved ones at Osama's direction.

13. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I know. I don't get it. :? The sad thing is she had a lot of comments supporting her view under her post. I wonder if her view would change if her own personal safety or the safety of a loved one had been threatened.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Her safety, and ours, has been threatened and will continue to be as long as there are people in the world who hate our country and what America stands for. My MIL thinks like this person...as long as things are fine in her little world...with no thought as to why that might be the case. It is sad...for her and for our country that there are people who don't appreciate all that goes on behind the scenes to keep us free, safe, and relatively happy!

*Rant over*

15. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

No doubt. He wasn't the brains though. His 2nd went to UNCG and was the brains. He is in custody already.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well I bet you can't find many on 4042 that weren't for going into Afghanistan.

Also interrogation is a necessity, however if torture is involved I hope a jail cell is in your future.

17. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Maybe....but I wasn't referring to just the libs on this board.

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I guess the word "all" threw me off.

19. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Still am NOT going to vote for Obama when his term is up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just glad it is over....... too many lives lost, maybe now the troops can go home to their families and be proud of serving our country. Justice was served. Thanks to all the troops who gave their lives for us. Job well done.

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

guess so