WARNING TO BABYSITTERS AND SAHM:

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ksokol22, May 1, 2011.

1. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

[FONT=arial,helvetica]There is a man named David Young, with the email address dyoungman53@yahoo.com. He is supposedly looking for someone to babysit his daughter. He is offering $550 a week, but here's the catch: He wants to send you a check upfront for the first week's pay, plus an extra $100 for yourself PLUS money for you to take care of his furniture payment. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. His email has been reported, by me. Please Please Please do not fall for his scam. He supposedly lives in Ohio.[/FONT]

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Again with this? You do realize that your post doesn't make any sense!

What I would like to know is why would someone from this area of NC would consider babysitting in OHIO?

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Most likely the imaginary kid is here and the scammer dad is out of state/country/etc. I used to get these kind of replies when I advertised tutoring services. In my opinion, anyone who falls for it gets what they deserve. Not sure why the OP thinks people are that gullible, unless...well, better left unsaid.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm confused...... what happened the other same posts as these? I know I didn't dream them up because I started to comment on how I thought it would be a hell of a commute. This poster only has two posts under their belt. .........They must have re did their membership name...

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The last time he or she posted this, it was the next day when several of you mentioned that you got spammed with PM's.

6. Ksokol22

I was the one who posted these. I tried looking up the other posts, but they couldn't be found, so I posted them again.

7. Ksokol22

The "scammer dad" contacted me through email, from this site. After 2 or 3 weeks of asking him the same questions over and over again (where he lived, how much he was willing to pay, etc) he FINALLY answered the questions. He did not give me all the information in one email.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:)
    So.............you didn't think we all got it the first time? It's also generally rude to post the same thing all over the forum. We are all fairly literate and once is plenty.

Good luck.

9. Ksokol22

Ima Sheltie:
    For your information, this guy drug out the whole thing. He started out saying he wanted a babysitter for his daughter. After days of asking where he lived, pay, etc, he FINALLY answered my questions. THEN after 2 weeks without contact, he still contacts me saying he wants to pay upfront and wanted me to take care of his furniture purchase. I did not get all the original information from him in one email. Our conversation lasted a couple of weeks. And how does this post not make any sense??

And for anyone asking who could be so gullible... A LOT of young teens who need jobs are gullible. Even the most responsible adults. I ALMOST fell for this scam, but then when he mentioned a furniture payment, I knew it was too good to be true.

I just don't want others to fall for this scam. I am trying to protect other people. Excuse me for caring about others.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Partner, you have a very low post count. Your only post so far has been this colorful babysitting scam thing that you posted all over this board. When it was cleaned out, you re-posted the same thing. You haven't posted anything else...about anything. It looks fishy. I would suggest building an identity by joining general discussions before going too crazy with further warnings.

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Just because you are not smart enough to see when you are getting swindled doesn't give you the right to to spam these threads!

Is it me or does this look like the writings of a normal poster just using another identity to push out a message? I think so.

12. Ima Sheltie

Why would he give you money for you to take care of his furniture? You seem to have put several thoughts together and did not provide a connection. That is what does not make sense. Also, it does not make sense to be suckered into babysitting in OHIO.

It's nice to care for others, but how many teens will travel to OHIO to babysit? Do teenagers not have a curfew these days?

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

What I got from the post is that he's moving to our area and is looking for a babysitter, and I guess he threw in there he was buying furniture or something like that?

14. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I REALLY don't understand this post nor the point of it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

15. Ima Sheltie

That was my point, you have to assume so much.

16. Ksokol22

Would it be easier for you to understand if I sent you the emails between me and this other person? Will that prove that I'm legit about this? Who cares if I have 2 or 200000 posts on here? I am trying to protect other people.

17. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

18. Ksokol22

I couldn't find the first post I made, so I sent it out again because I AM TRYING TO PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE from this guy. Excuse me for caring about others. Apparently you can't be nice anymore. NOW Johnston County makes sense to me...
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No need to get your knickers in a twist about it. You spammed the forum and got called on it. Like I said, once was plenty when you did it the first time. Have a nice day.

20. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

We aren't all like this. Some on the board like to gang up on new people. I, along with bandmom, completely understood what you were saying in the post, and even though i wouldn't fall for this, i understood that your motives in posting were good. Instead of just saying thanks for the info, several people decided to nitpick about the fact that you were vague, had posted this twice, and are new. They have all been new to the board, been vague, and been redundant in posting at some point or another! Also, there is no rule that you can't post warnings or helpful info because you haven't reached a gazillion posts yet. Sorry you were reamed, and thank you for the information.