Faith vs Religion (Religious)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thank you Dear Lady!

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

way to throw a wet blanket on the party :lol:

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Speaking of idiots :jester:, I didn't know it was a party. I just felt the need to point out how classy Hught is. Most of us already know that, but I like to let someone know when they make a difference...in a positve way.

4. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

hughey is classy in a way......unlike steve who is like school on saturday....no class. :lol:

6. Allioop

Yeah, but Steve is cool. I like him. He seems genuine. He's funny too.

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

ha...i agree

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Back to Faith vs Religion. Sometimes you feel like a nut.....sometimes you don't.

10. Allioop

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

So if I don't establish a relationship with God, but I live 'predominantly' (I'm not perfect) by Christian morality standards; where is my permanent home? Most Christians I ask that of, say "hell". That's where I build my assumption of complete faith equals reward.

12. Allioop

I'm only telling you what I believe and what Christianity means to me. I'm not speaking for anyone else. Of course heaven is a reward, but not for our good behavior. I was just saying getting to heaven shouldn't be the point of Christianity. As a Christian, I've been rewarded already by receiving forgiveness from Him and receving unconditional love from Him. He's saved me when I felt hopeless. When I start to lose my faith for any reason, if I seek Him, He always reveals more Truth to me. Sometimes I have to learn the hard way and suffer, but each trial I've gone through has brought me closer to Him. The Bible says He is our hiding place, our Refuge. That's who He is to me. I don't know all the answers, but I do know that my relationship with Him is real and I look forward to heaven. When I'm going through a hard time, I remember that He says in heaven there is no pain and no tears. I can't think of a better place to be.

13. Allioop

I'm sorry I forgot to address your question about hell. Because there are so many references to it in Bible, I believe that going to hell has nothing to with good or bad behavior. It's based on belief or unbelief. Having said that, I don't claim to know all the answers. I don't know how to translate certain Bible verses, and I always pray that I God will show me Truth through His Holy Spirit, and I will be able to discern lies from other people's beliefs. I say "lies" because there are some Christians that have some crazy beliefs and expect everyone else to go along with it. Like if you don't repent of your sins, you will burn in hell even if you know the Lord. I don't believe that at all. Honestly, if you have a relationship with the Lord, you really want to behave well. We all mess up, but it's similar to a kid wanting to make her mom proud of her because she loves her so much. She doesn't do good stuff for a reward. (Well, maybe some kids do!)

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  14. ServerSnapper

It simply amazes me how some of these intellectuals can not grasp the concept.

I invite every single one of you non believers to come with me on an investigation of the paranormal. If Demons and Ghost exist......you do the math. Unbelievable.

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Wow....well said Allioop.

16. ServerSnapper

and to clarify.....I believe RELIGIOUS people will be in hell.

17. Allioop

I had to change "crazy" to "different" beliefs. That felt judgmental.

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You lack of grasp on the concept of non-religious beliefs is also quite astounding.

...and you're basing existence of christian religious beliefs on the existence of demons and ghosts? Some people do not 'believe' in them either. That's like saying leprechauns exist because you're pretty sure unicorns do.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

But they do exist....haven't you seen the Jimmy Dean breakfast commercial?

:jester:

20. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

The thing is, I used to be religious. About 10 - 15 years ago. But after reading the bible, and learning things in church and sunday school, things did not make sense to me. For example, Adam and Eve.... they were the first two people on earth... if that were true, wouldn't everyone be related? Everyone would be inbreeding. (that is just my opinion. im just confused) If anyone can explain to me how that statement I just made is NOT true, I would absolutely love your explanation.