4H Day Camps??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, May 3, 2011.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Is it me or is it really hard to search for stuff on this forum? I can't ever get it to work. I'm sure its me. anyway, sorry to have to ask this...

Im looking for the info posted last year about day camps offered I believe through the JoCo Ag Extention. 4H maybe. I cant remember and am having no luck with a google search or the Ag Ext website. If someone can hook me up with that info I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    DB's wife

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's not just me! I was searching the web for that same info the other day, and even after finding it online it was info for last year. So yes, if someone has that info, please post a link for us!

I swear there were things on there related to fishing/farming, and that's right up my son's alley. He wants desperately to find a "fishing" summer camp, but don't think there is such a thing. I've looked on City of Raleigh, Town of Garner, Clayton's websites, can't find anything!

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  4. dangerboy

i just found it too! the camps arent as good this year imo but i did get signed up for a science themed camp. i was dissapointed there wasnt a fishing themed one this year.

db's wife

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Maybe you should volunteer to plan some of the 4-H summer camps/classes. The 4-H program is understaffed and has a dismal budget. Despite the limitations the staff does an awesome job! Where else will you get a 9:00-3:00 class for $7-$13?????

6. dangerboy

Oh I know you are so right!!!! My post sounded like a slam to them and I didn't mean it to sound that way at all!!!! I'm sure they put a lot of thought and what budget they had in to planning quality camps this year. I meant that last year's camp line-up offered more stuff my son would be in to. That's all.

My bad, sorry!
    DB's wife

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I do appreciate that these camps are offered and at a great value, but, I am disappointed in the selection this year, also. This year I was looking forward to signing my twin girls up for the baking class but it is not offered. I could still sign my youngest son up for the science camp, but, there is really nothing for the girls at their age group. I was going to sign my oldest up for the college day to UNCW but it is not offered this year, either; maybe he'll do the Duke/UNC instead.

Also, keep in mind the Glaxo Smith-Kline science camp, Science in the Summer...it's free!

8. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

9. dangerboy

From what I could tell from the website (sorry I dont remember what it is) ALL of the Glaxo Smith Kline camp II in Wake and Johnston County are full. The registration opens at 9 am on certain days in March and they fill up in moments.

DB's wife

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  10. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

100% correct the UNC + Glaxo Smith Kline camps DO FILL UP FAST. We're in this year only because I had the date & time well marked & was on-line ready to CLICK when the site opened. The class DS is in filled the first morning.
    But they are also FREE.

11. dangerboy

Im so mad at myself that I can't be that organized.
    How 'bout reminding me next year? Help a sista out! lol

DB's wife

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I also got the buzz reminder from another Super Organized Momma & I did pass on the WORD... Sorry, I did not get it down to you too!
    Mrs. DB I'll try to do better!!!!