WARNING TO BABYSITTERS AND SAHM:

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ksokol22, May 1, 2011.

1. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

The thing is, he took his time telling me where he lived. If you want to see the original emails, i will be more than happy to send them to you, if that will help your confusion. And the money thing... that is exactly what told me that this was a scam. And like I said, he took his time telling me where he lived. If I had known from the very beginning that he lived in Ohio, I would not have even replied to this guys first email.

2. Ksokol22

You are very welcome for the information and thank you!! I really feel like I have hit a brick wall with a lot of these people. All I am trying to do is protect people.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Got it, I promise not to hire David Young to babysit my kids, or let my kids babysit David Young or do anything else with David Young or anyone else from Ohio.

I took your advice, now you should take the advice I gave you earlier. No one had ever seen anything from you until these odd warnings came out and they were crammed all over the board. Most new members don't use large, bold, colorful fonts or the warning icon for the thread so it just stood out. This had all the look and feel of some sort of strange scam. There have been several scam/virus links and things from new members over the years. Once folks see that you are real and not sitting in another country waiting for our bank account information you will have a much easier time.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:jester::jester::jester::cheers::cheers::cheers:

5. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

How could the original post have been a scam??? He/she wasn't soliciting anything from anyone. You said that the bold fonts and warning sign were odd. How so? I've seen many others on here use bold/colored font and the warning sign when they are warning people of something. It also couldn't have been a virus, as there were no links. None of the things you have said make sense, so either you are just giving this person a hard time this because you feel like it or there is some other issue. What's the deal?

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

How very condescending of you. Sounds like your issues are being new. Not about the post. I laugh at your weak kung fu!

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Most people don't join a board simply to post a warning about some guy trying to get a babysitter. It just seemed fishy. I choose to be on the over protective side when it comes to computer security, identity theft and so on. I don't think I was the only one to think there was something strange going on.

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

:jester:
    Good thing to know my Kung Fu is week and not weak! :jester:

Oh and I got the same treatment with my first few posts so I was just sympathizing with the poster. And yea, my issue is with being new....it's just a public discussion board, not some elite society that one has to know the secret code or be initiated into to post. At least you treat everyone with the same sarcasm. Some people really do seem to have an issue with new folks.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Not hardly. If memory serves, no one said jack about it when it was posted before, so it's hardly fair to label those that said something this time big ole meanies.

But whatever. :lol:

10. ServerSnapper

:mrgreen: HA! Touche'

11. ServerSnapper

I remember my first several beers...

12. Ksokol22

I'm sorry that my posts seemed fishy. I was honestly just trying to warm people about this guy. I was smart enough not to give this guy my address, and I know, somewhere in Johnston County, there is going to be at LEAST one person who would have fallen for the scam. I mean, if you were offered $550 a week, wouldn't you jump at the job? Being 20 years old with a 5 month old daughter, I was going to jump at the $550/week. But after emailing back and forth with "David", I realized it was a scam and if he is targeting people on 4042.com, I wanted other people to know about it. The same thing happened to my mother years ago.

13. Ksokol22

I WANTED my post to stand out. That is why I used the colors, bold, etc. I am an honest 20 year old single mother who is just looking out for other people.

14. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't imagine being a single mom at 20 years old. Bless your heart. I don't think you have to keep defending yourself. Everyone has an opinion. Welcome to the board. :)